Chapter 5: Nadia's Last Chance

Warning: slight mentions of self harm, and violence. Please read at your own discretion.

If these topics are triggering to you, please skip ahead.

You have been warned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About three weeks after the trial and my mother's conviction, Nadia found out about what happened. I don't know how she did, but she was pissed when she found out. I was heading towards my locker with Tori when Nadia shoved me to the ground and began stomping on me.

"HOW COULD YOU BE SUCH A BITCH?!" Nadia yelled as she then started to kick me.

I just laid on the floor and took it, it was all I could do. Fighting back would just make her reverse the roles, she was crazy manipulative.

"YOU RUINED YOUR MOTHER'S LIFE!" Nadia shouted.

"She ruined mine!" I coughed.

Nadia growled and grabbed the collar of my shirt, picking me up off the floor and getting in my face.

"We all know that you ruined your mom's life the minute you were born." Nadia sneered.

"No, Nadia." I began to feel confident, "She ruined her life the second she started doing drugs, she ruined her life the minute she turned that camera on."

Nadia let go of me, "Stop lying."

"Nadia, you know me." I defended, "I don't lie, I never lie."

She got upset, balled up her fist, and swung at my stomach. I grunted and collapsed to my knees, holding my arms over my stomach. Nadia smirked down at me.

"Go on, try to fight back." her hazel eyes glared, "It won't do a thing for your reputation."

"Is that all you care about?" Tori blurted out.

Nadia's smirk faltered as she turned to look at Tori, "What?"

"Reputation, is that all you care about?" Tori repeated.

"It's what matters in the industry." Nadia replied, crossing her arms over her chest.

"No it doesn't," Tori fought, "What matters is the content you produce, what matters is your image to those you influence. Your image right now Nadia? You look like a massive bitch to everyone."

"Back down, Vega." Nadia spat, "You don't want to mess with me."

"I don't care if you do, everyone here can see that you attack Skyla with no remorse. You attack her for no reason."

"SHE STOLE MY SPOTLIGHT!" Nadia screamed.

"YOU WERE SICK!" Tori screamed back.

"Tori? Skyla? Dia?" Andre's voice suddenly called out, "What's going on?"

I kept my head pointed towards the floor as I slowly stood up and grabbed Tori's arm, "Nothing, everything's fine."

I pulled on Tori's arm, "Come on, Tori."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day, at lunch, Nadia and Andre were sitting together. I was sitting with Tori, Beck and Jade, Robbie and Cat were with their other friends. Tori just learned about my crush on Andre, she seemed surprised until Jade told her off.

"Don't act like you didn't know."

"What do you mean?"

"Vega, you knew that Andre liked Skyla the second he met her."