Lo-Fi

Y/n's POV

"Where are we headed?" Spencer asked.

"New York," Hotch replied. 

"5 shootings in 2 weeks. It's about time we got the call," Rossi murmured. 

"I want to take Garcia with us. Hopefully they'll give us access to their surveillance systems. We know that all of the killings are mid-day. Single gunshot to the head with a .22. No witnesses," Hotch informed us. 

".22-caliber pistol's only 152 decibels. New York streets and subways are routinely well over 100. It could be people aren't even registering the gunshot until the unsub's already leaving the scene," Spencer suggested. 

"They sound like Mob hits," Derek pointed out. 

"Except none of them have ties to organized crime," Hotch declared. 

"Do they have any connection to each other?" Emily questioned. 

"None they've found," Hotch responded. 

"How about communication with the police? Has the unsub tried to make contact?" I quiz. 

"Surveillance cameras have captured video of 3 of the murders," Hotch answered. "Lets go."

..............................................

"Each victim was killed in a completely different neighborhood. Hell's Kitchen, Murray Hill, Lower East Side, Chinatown, and East Harlem," Hotch listed off. 

"It doesn't make any sense," I claim. "There's no common victimology, no sexual component, no robbery, and no geographical connection. Do the police have any leads?" 

"He's killing roughly every 2 days. The press is having a field day, and it sounds like the mood on the street's getting pretty edgy," Hotch disclosed. "Kate Joyner heads up the New York field office. She's running point on the case and called me directly. Kate's starting to butt heads with the lead detectives and wanted a fresh set of eyes." 

"Joyner, I know her," Derek exclaimed. "She's a brit, right?" 

"Well, dual citizenship," Hotch clarified. "Her father's British, her mother's American. She was a big deal at Scotland Yard before coming to the Bureau." 

"I heard she can be a little bit of a pain In the ass," Derek confessed. 

"I didn't think so. We liaised when she was still at Scotland Yard. I think we're lucky to have her," Hotch admitted. 

FBI Field Office
New York City, New York

"Kate," Hotch greeted and shook the woman's hand. "This is my team. David Rossi, Y/n L/n, Emily Prentiss, Jennifer Jareau, Penelope Garcia, Derek Morgan, and Spencer Reid." 

"Thanks for being here," Kate returned. "Anything that you need, just tell me. Please don't stand on protocol." 

"What can you tell us about the city's surveillance system?" Penelope implored. 

"It's run by the NYPD," Kate revealed. "It's still in the infant stages. It's been rather controversial, but they've had some success."

"I'd like to get a map of the borough. I want to do a comprehensive geographical profile of the area in order to ascertain the unsub's mental map before it's clouded by our own linkage blindness," Spencer explained.

"I see you brought your own computer," an older man joked seriously as he appeared with a younger man not too far behind him. 

"Detectives Brustin and Cooper," Kate introduced and gestured to the men.