Pleasure Is My Business

Y/n's POV

My eyes opened slowly, and I blinked a few times to used to the sunlight that was leaking through the curtains. I groaned and rolled over, expecting to come into contact with Spencer, but was instead met with an empty bed. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, swinging my legs over the side of the bed. As soon as I stood up, I exited the bedroom, and almost instantly, the smell of coffee hit my nose. In the kitchen, I spotted Spencer brewing coffee, and when he turned around, he spotted me.

"Hey," I greet. "What are you doing up already?"

"We've got a case," Spencer replied and poured the coffee into two travel mugs.

"A case? Why didn't you wake me up?" I question.

"Cause you needed the sleep," Spencer answered.

"So do you," I retort. 

"Just go get dressed," Spencer requested.

"Yeah yeah yeah," I mutter and head back into the bedroom. After I got dressed, Spencer and I made our way to the airport and met up with the rest of our team, who were loading into the jet. Everyone was there except for Hotch, who I learned was in Dallas already getting a head start on our newest case.

"Female serial killers are a fascinating field. We don't have much information on them, but what we do know involves throwing the rules completely out the window. Signature, for instance. They don't torture or take trophies. When a woman kills, murder is the goal. They don't have to do anything extra," Spencer explained.

"So, basically, women are more efficient at killing," I sum up.

"You know, I could see Y/n, JJ and Prentiss taking us out easily if they wanted to," Derek confessed.

"I could too," Emily agreed. "Y/n would kill Spencer, I'd kill Derek, and JJ would kill Rossi."

"No no no," I object. "If Spencer was killed I'd be the first suspect. Either you or JJ would have to do it."

"Okay, lets stop talking about my death," Rossi interjected. "Lets get back to the case. I've got Hotch on the line now."

"So assuming that the job is the stressor, what are some of the reasons prostitutes kill their customers?" Hotch implored. 

"Money, drugs, post-traumatic stress disorder," Derek listed off. 

Rossi nodded. "At some point, every call girl, no matter how well paid, gets coerced into an activity she didn't consent to. 

"Aileen Wuornos used to purposefully stage paid sexual encounters as an excuse to murder men she thought would rape her," Emily shared.

"But Wuornos was psychotic and disorganized," Hotch opposed. "I think this girl's poisoning them before she has sex with them."

"She's using tetra-methylene-disulfotetramine," Spencer read off of the file. "It's a popular rat poison in China, easily soluble in alcohol." 

"Poison is the perfect MO," Rossi admitted. "Quiet, quick, and the victims never see it coming because they think they're getting lucky. Does that mean something to you, Hotch?" 

"Well, at $10,000 a night, these men are paying for discretion as well as sex," Hotch responded.  "She has a history with them. They see her repeatedly. She didn't decide to kill them in the moment. She walks in with the intent to kill them and she's doing it before she sleeps with them."

"So she's not just organized, she's also methodical," Spencer revealed.

"Maybe the victims all share the same fetish," Emily suggested.