Exit Wounds

Y/n's POV

"Part of me hates you for giving Mick Rawson my number," Emily told me.

"But the other half of you loves me for it," I counter.

"That's not the point, Y/n," Emily argued.

"Well, are you gonna call him?" JJ pushed.

Emily shrugged. "I don't know. I mean, Mick Rawson is an arrogant, oversexed, egotistical-" 

"Hot british dude with a sexy accent, badge, and gun," I finish for her. "Just your type." 

"It wouldn't go anywhere," Emily insisted. 

"You don't know that," JJ retorted. 

"I know our work schedules, and that's enough for me to say no," Emily spoke and glanced forward. "Oh no." I followed her gaze, and that's when I saw Penelope Garcia making her way towards us. And on her arms were like a dozen shopping bags.

"I know. I know. I know. Don't say it. But when you see what's in here..." Penelope trailed off. "It's not my fault. They were calling to me, I swear. And they were all on sale. So when you think about it, that means that I am helping the economy, which is more than I can say for you guys, because no one else has bags." 

"Please tell me all of those aren't for my son," JJ begged.

"They're not. This one is for Kevin," Penelope responded and held up a small bag, causing us to laugh. "What? It is my duty as a fairy godmother to spoil the child. And Henry is finally old enough to be fun when opening presents. Now give me my coffee and no one's gonna get hurt."

"Speaking of presents, how's Henry like his baby converse?" I ask.

"Oh he loves them. They're so cute on him," JJ gushed. "So just imagine how cute they'll be on you and Spencer's kids."

"Whoa whoa whoa," I interrupt. "That's a long way away, JJ. We aren't even married yet."

"You don't have to be married to have kids," Penelope pointed out. "And according to the statistics Spencer told me, the average age for having a baby right now is 25. And the average age to get married is 28, which you and Spencer are."

"Spencer's 28. I'm 27 still," I correct. "And if he told you that, does that mean he's thought about it? I mean, I can't say that I haven't but....Spencer and I have only been together for around a year and a half, almost two, and I don't think ready for that yet. When we are, you guys will be the first to know. So, where to next?" 

"The BAU, actually," JJ replied as she glanced at her phone. "We've got a case."

..........................................

"All right. Anchorage field office is asking us to investigate a series of murders in Franklin, Alaska. There's 3 people dead in less than a week," JJ started. 

"For a town with a population of 1,476, that's fairly significant," Spencer noted. 

"It's their first murder investigation on record," JJ continued. "The victims are Jon Baker, a hunter, Dedaimia Swanson, a schoolteacher, and Brenda Bright, the first mate on a fishing boat. There's a new victim every 2 days. And unfortunately, in a town this small, everyone's connected." 

"There are different kill methods," Derek noticed. "It says the first two victims were both shot with a rifle, but Brenda was stabbed twice with an arrow? Are we sure it's the same guy?" 

"All 3 victims were found in heavily trafficked areas. The unsub wants them found sooner than later," Hotch declared.

"Jon Baker's body was left exposed to the elements, but the two women were buried under mounds of trash," Emily observed as she glanced over the file. "Why?"