Paradise

Y/n's POV

"Hey, if you guys are hungry, I know a pretty good Indian restaurant that's open all night," Spencer offered.

"Well, I'm starving, so I am in," I say.

"I can't. I have a date," Emily claimed.

Derek frowned. "You've got a date? With who?"

"My hot tub," Emily replied jokingly. "And you're so not invited."

"Hold up, guys," JJ interrupted as she walked down the steps from the conference room, holding onto her growing stomach as she did. "I'm glad I caught you. I've been on the phone with a sheriff in Nevada. There's been a series of suspicious accidents in the Reno area that may be connected."

"JJ, this can't wait till morning?" Derek whined.

JJ shook her head. "I don't think so. If I'm right about this, I think we'll be leaving first thing tomorrow. Sorry."

"Damn," I mutter. "I was really looking forward to that Indian food."

"We can get some when we come back," Spencer promised me as we all headed to the conference room.

"Three nights ago outside of Reno, a car was hit by a tractor trailer. The truck driver walked away unharmed. Jonathan and Rebecca Gallen, the passengers in the car, were DOA. When the local Sheriff arrived on the scene, he noticed several things; No blood spatter inside the car, no seat belt burns, and no lacerations from the air bags," JJ listed off.

"They we dead before the accident," Spencer confirmed.

"Yeah. The cause of death was blunt force head trauma and there was evidence of rape and torture to the woman," JJ added.

"The unsub wasn't very successful at hiding the fact that he murdered two people," Hotch pointed out.

"There's a chance he has gotten away with it before. After I spoke to the Sheriff, I had Garcia look into any similar accidents near the California/Nevada border. She found two with a similar MO in the past couple of weeks. Both were couples in a car hit by a tractor trailer," JJ informed us.

"It's always a man and a woman stopped right in the middle of the road, and it's always at night on a remote highway," I reveal. "It can't be a coincidence the victim type and this very specific MO are the same in all three cases."

"Was Garcia able to find any connection between them?" Hotch asked.

"One thing they have in common is that they all disappeared for 48 hours prior to the accidents," JJ responded.

Rossi sighed. "Well, we know what he does to his victims during that time. We just need to figure out where he finds them."

.......................................

"Okay, so, all three crashes were on highways outside of Carson City, Lake Tahoe, and Reno," JJ disclosed.

"All cities with a large and diverse transit population. Not to mention the thousands of locals mixing with seasonal workers," Emily indicated.

"Rebecca Gallen was beaten badly. Her ribs were broken ante-mortem. He'd need time and privacy to do this," I input.

"That would suggest the killer either lives or works in the area," Spencer put out.

"He's going to such extremes to try and hide the murders. Maybe he has a connection to the victims," Derek suggested.

"What does the press know?" Rossi questioned.

"All media outlets are reporting an accident," JJ answered.

"One thing going for us; The killer has no idea we know," Emily stated.