Prologue

~Payne~

I rested one arm lazily on the steering wheel while the other was leaning by my side.

"You should've worn a glove at least. There's blood under your nails." Vera Lewis said pulling her hair up in a sloppy ponytail.

I grunt taking a sharp turn to the left, I didn't want gloves, I enjoyed clawing the motherfucker's heart out, with a screwdriver and my hands, my sinful hands.

I was seeing Vera for the last time, she's going under, wanting to raise her unborn child in bliss, with a different name, face, and story. With a different life.

"I won't show my new face to anyone, not even you. But I promise you, when I see you I'll make sure you see me." she said once I stopped by the side of a very busy street. I looked at her one last time before my eyes dropped to her bulging stomach, I gave her a nod which she returned and got out of my car.

Once the car is shut I take off to the shop, where I can watch closely and kill the next fucker who tries to disturb Baybi, my baby. She doesn't know it yet, but I've set my eyes on her and it gives me pleasure, just seeing her.

You don't get to mess with what's Paynes', because I bring a lot more than just pain.

*****

Who else wants Payne? Nah, he's Baybi's to take.

Love you so much!

Maryam M.B ❣