|30|

"Why are you looking down?" One of the many guys in the room asked Greg.

"They're at the basement." Greg replied blankly.  My eyes darted around the room, looking at everyone before landing them on Payne, but he was already looking at me.

"What are we going to do?" I asked him. Payne shook his head and bent over to Andrea's dead body and retrieved a glock from her pocket.

"We are going to kill Bychkov, by we, I mean Greg and I." He said side stepping the body again and tucking the glock in his waist band.

"What do you mean Greg and you? What about us?" I asked perplexed.

"You guys need to get out of the house as soon as possible." He said as if I hadn't figured that out already.

Seeing the expression on my face he sighed and dragged a hand down his face.

"Baybi, it's not going to be safe for you."

"But Bychkov is just one guy, there's twelve of us." I said waving my hand across the room.

"You don't understand, he's a mastermind at this kind of stuff, Baybi, he will kill you without even trying." Payne argued, rolling down the sleeve of his shirt.

"Leave us alone." I heard Greg tell the men and they complied at once, their footsteps traveling out of the room.

"I want to go with you." I pressed on.

"You won't." He gritted out.

"But I can help! If it weren't for me, we'd have all been dead already."

"I know Baybi, I know," He said exasperatedly, a clear strain in his voice. "But we're all alive now and I want you to follow Alexander and get out of this goddamn house."

"You gave me a choice Payne," I said walking up to him. "You said I could either lock myself up or do this with you."

"That was before I knew there was a bloody bomb in the house."

"I'm not scared of the bleeding bomb Payne," My voice was seeping with desperation. "Please, I want to be there."

"Abigail. . ."

"I'm coming with you Christian, and I'm not asking." I said firmly.

Silence. His eyes flicked from mine to Greg's for a few contemplating seconds and then he nodded slowly.

"Ok," He said tersely. "You asked for this Baybi."

I nodded and cracked a small smile.

"I know."

Greg gave me a stiff nod, he patted my shoulder and gave me a side hug. I was beyond surprised, he didn't say anything, just a pointed look and then he walked out first. Payne followed suit and just when I was about to go out he gave me an apologetic look and a crooked smile.

"I'm sorry." He whispered and my eyes widened in realization.

"Christian don't you dare––"

The door was shut before I could rush out the words.

"Payne! Christian Payne open this door right now." I yelled, I wasn't feeling scared or witty.

I was feeling rebellious. But somehow nervous.

"Baybi, I can't. Just stay there till someone come gets you." He said from the other side.

"I have the bomb remote, and I swear I'll press the stupid button." I retorted hitting the door with my fist once.