|23|

"Just...work on it. It's not that hard, I promise." I said to Greg, practically begging him before he left the dining table.

"No." He spat out point blank and I huffed trying to glare at him.

"Well, every normal person knows how to smile and you're not normal if you can't smile." I said to his retreating back.

He threw me a lazy look over his shoulder.

"I never claimed to be." He retorted.

After I had told him all I heard yesterday, he just pretty much stared at me blankly. He didn't say much, almost nothing, he just kept giving me slight nods like he had neck cramps.

We had a prolonged breathing contest.

It wasn't even ten minutes ago. It was like he just inhaled the food and I think it's either because he doesn't want me to have another bite or he just can't stand my presence.

Either way I know he secretly likes my encounters.

Incase you're wondering, we discussed a plan and I hope it works.

"I know, Gregory." I called after him, standing up as well.

I was probably imagining it but I think I heard him grumble something under the lines of 'only my mom calls me that'.

I giggled softly and walked back into the kitchen to see if Fred was done with the pancake mix.

I walked I'm just in time to see him place something in the fridge.

"Hello again, Fred."

"Oh, there you are. I'm almost done, the recipe just needs to sit in the fridge for a few minutes and then I'll fry them for for you, I hope you don't mind." He said taking out fresh ingredients for something else.

"Oh no, I don't mind at all Fred. I could just wait." I smiled at him and he returned it.

"Well, there's a few strawberries I cut up earlier, you can have them while you wait." He offered and I jumped on it immediately.

After he handed me the strawberries he went back to work, then suddenly his head snapped up as if he forgot something.

"I need to pick fresh seasonings from the garden! I'll be back in a flash." He rushed out and before I could respond he was already out.

I just shrugged and sat on one of the bars on the island, wondering if I could get some chocolate to dip my strawberries in.

I also wondered how we would look at chickens if they used to fly.

Or turkeys

I giggled quietly to myself but jumped slightly when two long sleeved arms landed on the island by my sides, trapping me in place.

I pouted even as Payne's cologne coated my nostrils.

"You could have killed me, or worse," I dropped my voice lower. "I could've poop in my pants."

The tip of his cold nose touched my neck as he dipped his head low and chuckled into my skin.

I suppressed a chuckle too and smiled but lost it when his curly hair tickled my ears.

I continued eating my strawberries before deciding to give him one too.

"Here." I mumbled giving it to him over my shoulder.

I died when his lips met the skin of my fingers and his hard body pressed to my back. I shuddered at the feeling that jolted throughout my body and travelled down to my core.