|13|

~Payne~

"It's the same track over and over again. We can't trace her movements." Xander said, hunched over his computer.

I sigh and pace back and forth in the meeting room. I'll give it to her, she's good at playing hide and seek.

I'll show her where she got it from.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and scrolled through my contact list until I found who I was going to call and tapped on the call icon.

It rang a few times before he picked.

"Christian." He greeted, his voice monotone.

"Greg." I greeted back.

Alexander immediately paused typing on his computer and stared at me.

"We need you at the mansion. Clues keep backfiring, we're searching in a fucking circle." I groaned tiredly, massaging my temple.

The line was quiet for a minute before he spoke again.

"I'll be there in five." He said and the line went off.

In less than five minutes the rev of Greg's motorcycle was heard. I had just finished loading my gun when the door opened and his toned figure trudged inside. He looked glum as always and his permanent lazy smirk was plastered to his face.

I gave him a nod in acknowledgement and we walked over to where Xander was.

"Greg, how you doing bestie?" Xander asked even though he knew he wasn't getting an answer.

Greg grunted and Xander chuckled standing up, allowing Greg to take over.

Greg's green eyes studied the screen for a moment before his hand lifted up to trace his jaw.

"Smart girl." He muttered, his lips twitching almost as if he wanted to smile.

I was momentarily shocked.

He hunched over the computer and started typing furiously. After a few more seconds he stopped and cracked his knuckles before pressing on the enter key.

His lazy smirk widened and he leaned into the computer screen. His face gleaming with victory.

"I found you." He whispered.

Xander's jaw slackened and he threw his hands up in exasperation.

"I've been at that for hours." He exclaimed pushing his head to the screen.

Greg just rolled his eyes at him.

I just stood there, torn between rage and delight. I closed my eyes and tried not to let any of my emotions take over me. My chest tightened and I opened my eyes, looking at Greg.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"There no exact location but there's an address." He said leaning into his chair.

I nodded and walked to my chair and sat down.

I wanted to find her. I found her. But why do I feel nervous? I never feel nervous.

"What now?" Xander who was now beside me asked.

I stared into nothing as I gave him my answer.

"Gather my men." I said, mindlessly taking out the locket Greg gave me from my pocket. I stared at it and my eyes grazed the initials graved on it. I looked at Xander again and gave him a nod.

"Carpe diem."

~*~

I looked at Greg like he was stupid as we watched the building from across the street.