Arc 1-Chapter 5: Sweets and Arrangements

After the whole fiasco with the delinquent pair and broken eggs, along with Deuce having something of a mental breakdown over said eggs, the trio head back to the store to get more eggs, then went back to the kitchen where they finished making the tart.

"And lastly, we dust the top with powdered sugar..." Trey says as he decorated the tart with said sugar.

"Finished!" Ace and Grim both cheered.

"Finished..." Deuce said, more tired sounding.

"Did, something happen while you guys were out shopping? He's been like this ever since you came back." Ace asks.

"Chick shock..." Isaac thought to himself. "Just leave him be." He says.

"For sixteen years... I believed it..." Deuce mutters to himself.

"Boy though, making sweets takes so much time. I'm exhausted..." Ace groans.

"Oh come on. It wasn't that strenuous." Isaac dismisses.

"Hey! Is the tart finished yet? Oh, good work! The decorations look supper cute! It's totally magicam-gramable! Let me take a pic, pretty please." Everyone jumps as Cater appears in the room, taking a picture of their finished tart.

"Ah! Where did you-?! What are you doing here?!" Ace asks, startled.

"I came by to check on my cute little underclassmen, working so hard." Cater says in a sickly sweet voice, before laughing. "Ahaha, you look beat!" He snarks.

"He totally just came for the tart." Isaac thought with a headshake.

"Well, things you aren't used to tire you out quickly. So when you get tired, you need to eat. The best thing, something sweet. What don't you go ahead and try the Mont Blanc we made." Trey says then suggests.

"Yay!" Everyone cheered. Isaac couldn't help but smile. The tart does look good.

"Cater, you did come here just in time to eat the tart!" Ace says.

"Eh, you can just think of me as the taste-tester." The said boy replies. "Oh, you guys also made a chocolate strawberry tart as well? How lovely, the strawberries are arranged like flower with chocolate drizzled over it." He says, noticing the said tarts that were off to the side.

"Actually, Isaac made that one." Trey says.

"What? Really? That's amazing!" Cater says shocked and in awe.

"Yeah, it's the kind of tart I always wanted to have. Never got the chance back at home though. When I watched Trey I thought I could make one." Isaac himself explains. "Feel free to try it." He encourages.

"Waah! They all smell so deliciously sweet. The chestnuts on top are glossy while the cream underneath is fluffy! Not to mention the chocolatey strawberries! Let's eat!" Grim says excitedly and they all dug in.

"Ah! Holy crap!" Ace exclaims as he took a bite.

"Mmm! Delicious!" Isaac himself compliments.

"Amazing! It's almost what you get in stores." Deuce says awestruck.

"I'm not sure which I like more. The Mont blanc, or Isaac's strawberry chocolate flower." Cater compliments.

"Neither are overly sweet, but both have such a richness to them. It's like a garden of chestnuts or strawberries in my mouth." Grim says.

"Is that a compliment?" Trey laughs.

"Oh yeah. Hey, Trey, do the thing." Cater suddenly says.

"The thing? ...Oh, that." The other upperclassman says.