Arc 1-Chapter 3: Chestnut Picking

AN: This song and video are simply beautiful. 

"Ah! Dorm Leader!" Ace says, finally noticed Riddle right behind him.

"Oh my, Riddle. You're super crazy cute today!" Cater tries to play off. It wasn't working, Riddle did not look pleased.

"Hmph. Cater. If you talk too much it's going to cost you your head." Riddle huffs and threatens. Jesus!

"Hey now, gimme a break!" the older boy laughs nervously.

"This is the guy who put that weird collar on me during the entrance ceremony!" Grim exclaims.

"Grim, get behind me." Isaac whispers and the cat obeys.

"Hmm... You're the freshmen that caused all that fuss of expulsion yesterday." Riddle says. "Will you knock it off, calling someone's unique magic a "weird collar"? For goodness sake. The headmaster is soft. If you forgive rule breakers the whole system will collapse." He states. Okay, that was fair.

"All you have to do is cut the head off of those who don't follow the rules." He adds. Now that was going too far! For some reason, this guy's attitude reminded Isaac of someone.

"The things coming out his mouth don't suit his looks..." Ace mutters.

"The headmaster appears to have forgiven you, but make no mistake, the next time it happens, I will not." The Prefect says sternly.

"By the way, dorm leader, is there any chance... you could remove this collar?" Ace asks. Was he serious right now?

"I was going to, if you had learned your lesson but... The way you were just talking shows that you haven't at all. Keep it on for a while longer." The other boy replies. Saw that coming. "No need to worry though. As first years you'll only be learning the fundamentals, not actually using magic." He informs. Hah! He knew it.

"You also won't be able to cause a scene like yesterday, isn't that great?" He adds in a taunting manner. Okay, that one was mean and unnecessary. "Now don't just sit around chatting away. Finish your lunch and head to your next class. Laws of the Queen of Hearts, No. 271: "One should eat lunch and leave their seat within 15 minutes". If you break the rules... Well, I'm sure you understand." And that was just ridiculous.

"Hah... Another weird rule..." Ace sighs. Yeah, seriously.

"The answer is, "Yes, dorm leader"!" Riddle chastises. Ace and Deuce quickly reply as such. "Very good." He praises.

"I'll look after them for you." Trey intercepts and promises.

"Hm... You're the vice dorm leader, so I expect you to not act foolishly." Riddle says. Trey's the vice leader? "Following the Laws of the Queen of Hearts No. 339: "After finishing a meal, one must always drink lemon tea with two sugars"." How many of these ridiculous laws are there?!

"As such, I must go buy sugar cubes from the school store, so I'll be on my way. Letting the sugar cubes run out is a huge offense, I can't believe..." The short boy finishes and leaves. As he did, Isaac thought he smelt something, ashy? Huh?

"Hoo boy, that was close!" Cater said, breathing out a sigh of relief.

"That guy is so obnoxious." Grim says. Isaac had to agree, he then hears other students, those from Heartslabyul judging by the arm bands and magic crystals, muttering from the table over.

"Did the dorm leader leave?" One asked fearfully.

"Oh no... I broke the Laws of the Queen of Hearts, No. 186: "One must never eat a hamburger steak on Tuesday". I was terrified of what would happen if he found out I ate one." Another panicked. What? Seriously?