Arc 0-Chapter 4: Broken Glass

Dr. Xavier Madman. The man looked elderly, with white streaked black hair and short beard, though he was mostly bald on top his head. He was dressed in a typical doctor's outfit with a white lab coat. He seemed kind of scary at first, but was actually nice, especially when Crowley told him what happened.

"You're lucky you weren't burnt, just your clothes. There isn't even a scratch on you." The doctor said as he checks him over.

"Thank you, doctor." Isaac thanks the man as he finishes up. "This feels familiar." He thought, recalling that time he was found and taken to a small clinic. He was unhurt then too.

"Yes, thank you Dr. Madman. Come on, Mr. North. Let's get you something to eat." Crowley, who had been silent through most of the transgression, says. He leads Isaac out of the infirmary to get something for the boy to eat at least.

When the school day ended, Isaac met with Grim in the cafeteria. The cat had spent most of the day cleaning and fixing the Queen of Hearts statue, but their work wasn't done just yet. Well, more like Grim's and Ace's work wasn't done. Speaking of the red boy, he wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"That Ace guy sure is taking his sweet time. Who does he think he is, making me wait? I'm pissed!" The feline complained.

"Just don't go starting a fire again. I'm not jumping in that fray ever again. Not after today." Isaac tells him. The two waited for what was probably an hour, yet still, the red boy didn't show.

"Grr! I don't care what happened! This is too late!" Grim exclaims. Actually, he did kind of have a point. Ace should have been here by now. "Wait, he wouldn't just skip out, right?" The cat questioned. Knowing him, most likely.

"Oh, I'd believe it. Let's go find him." Isaac says.

"I'm not gonna let him get away with putting all the punishment on us! Let's go, henchman! We're gonna catch ace and make him do all the window washing!" Grim declared and zooms off.

"I'm not your henchman." The black haired boy says with a sigh, but follows anyway. They rush down the hall then duck into a classroom.

"Hey! Where's Ace!? We're not gonna let you hide away! ...ah! There's nobody here?!" The feline shouts then realizes, as the classroom was empty.

"Not true. I'm here." A voice spoke, coming from a portrait on the wall.

"Gyaa! The picture talked?!" Grim exclaimed in fright. Isaac also jumped.

"What now? It's not uncommon for paintings to talk at this school you know? The Wall Lady over there, the Wall Gentlemen there, everyone can speak. Portraits can speak because they have a mouth. That's normal, you know?" The man in the portrait replies.

"Talking portraits... in a magic school... Oh great, I'm in Hogwarts now." The boy thought with a sigh. "Normally, paintings don't talk at all." He said that part aloud.

"Well, your "normal" and my "normal" differ in regards to our individual quirks. Isn't that true?" The portrait man stated. Okay, he did have a point there. "That aside, who are you looking for again?" He then asked.

"Huh? Oh! We're looking for a guy named, Ace. He has a heart shaped mark on his face and red hair that sort of sticks up like fire." Grim described.

"Hmm... Ah yes, I know him. He's one of the freshmen that started today. He just left to go back to his dorm for the day." The portrait replied.

"Ah-ha! So he did try to get away!" Grim exclaimed.

"He couldn't have gotten far. Which way did he go?" Isaac states then asks.