Arc 1-Chapter 11: Afterblot

"Riddle!" Trey's voice calls out.

"Isaac! Wake up!" Grim's followed after. Riddle and Isaac both gasp as they regain consciousness, to the relief of the Heartslabyul residents surrounding them.

"Hey, their eyes opened!" Ace exclaims.

"*Sigh*... For real, we were agonizing whether you two would wake up or not..." Cater says with a sigh of relief.

"Huff... Huff... What... did I...?" Riddle began while panting, out of breath. Isaac meanwhile, started to feel sick, and something rising up his throat, like bile.

"U-uh, Isaac, are you okay?" Deuce asked nervously, seeing the other boy's state. Said boy turns over and, to the horror of the onlookers, pukes out a black ink-like substance all over the ground.

"Woah, dude! What the hell?!" Ace exclaims while the others were silent.

"How are...? Oh my goodness! Mr. North!" Crowley begins as he walks up to the group, then exclaimed upon the sight of Isaac vomiting, immediately going to the boy's side to check over him. "Can someone explain this?" He asks the others.

"We don't know! He and Riddle woke up fine, but then Isaac suddenly started to throw up!" Grim explains the best he could, clearly flustered. At this point, Isaac had stopped puking but was coughing violently.

"Yeah... Wait, isn't that stuff the blot from Riddle?" Cater suddenly asks.

"Well, it does look like it." Trey says, while Riddle looks both worried and guilty.

"What? Did he somehow absorb that stuff from Riddle?" Ace asked.

"Actually, that's a possibly. Along with drinking blood, there are also special kinds of vampires who can feed on life-energy by just touching a person." Crowley says, apparently forgetting something.

"What?! Vampire?! Are you saying Isaac here is a vampire?!" Cater exclaims, Trey and Riddle both looking just as shocked.

"Oops, did I let that slip out?" The crow-mask man asks, clearly faked, innocently.

"Yes!" Ace, Deuce and Grim all exclaim, while Isaac just looks annoyed, not having the strength to say anything at the moment, then started coughing again.

"Eh, someone get Isaac some water." Trey says and Deuce goes to do just that. He returns, rather quickly, with a glass of water, which then he hands to Isaac, who proceeds to drink down the whole glass.

"Bah! Oh man, my throat... I'm not even sure what happened back there myself." He says with a sigh of relief.

"It's okay. You two should rest for now." Trey says.

"Ugh, of course he goes berserk after getting a little mad if you're coddling him all the time like this!" Ace says, a little snippy. "The garden is a disaster and we were in serious danger back there." He the states, which was technically true.

"It was a pretty crazy situation." Deuce himself agreed.

"Seriously. Bottling up your stress isn't admirable." Grim says.

"Or healthy for that matter. It's what caused this whole thing." Isaac adds in.

"I... I... really wanted to eat that Mont Blanc." Riddle suddenly admits. "The roses are fine being white, and the flamingos are fine being pink. I like putting honey in my tea more than sugar cubes, and I like milk tea more than lemon tea.

"I want to chat with everyone while we eat... Also, I-I'm so sorry for ruining your chocolate strawberry tart, Isaac. I really, wanted to try it. It looked so delicious..." The red haired boy just started blurting out, surprising everyone.