Arc 0-Chapter 7: Blue-Blood

Coming back to his senses, Isaac found himself, and the others, back in the Mirror Chamber. Crowley then comes in and Deuce proceeds to explain how they had returned from the mines and gave him the crystal. Isaac makes sure to turn away so the man doesn't see his vampire features.

"What?! You really went to Dwarfs' Mine to find a magic crystal?" The man said, sounding surprised. Wait, what? "I really didn't think... You'd not only go but then bring back a crystal in hand. I quietly completed the paperwork for you expulsion, but I could always use more kindling for the fire." The man said. Seriously?

"Nngh! The nerve of this guy! While we were off fighting some crazy beast!" Grim growled annoyed and a little angry. Warranted.

"Beast? What are you talking about?" Crowley inquired, confused.

"There was a monster in the mines!" Ace answered.

"Are you serious?!" The masked man asked shocked.

"There's, also something we need to talk about." Deuce says and Isaac flinches.

"Hmm... I see. Come with me then, tell me everything." The man says, leading them out the chamber and down the hall to a specific room.

The school Headmaster's office, he guessed. Inside was simple for an office, with a desk and chair set, surrounded by windows. There were also seven portraits depicting the "Great Seven", like the statues he saw on the Main Road. They then proceeded to explain what happened.

"Hmm? A mysterious monster living in the coal mine, and the four of you worked together to defeat it, and bring back a magic crystal?" The man recounted when they finished their report.

"We didn't really work together..." Ace responds.

"It was more like, our goals were aligned..." Deuce adds, but the man didn't seem to be listening as he promptly began sobbing.

"Um, sir? Are you okay?" Isaac asked, a little weirded out.

"What's with this guy? Why is an adult bursting into tears?!" Grim questions.

"In all the years that I've been headmaster... For the day to come that students from Night Raven Collage go hand in hand to face and defeat their enemy!" The man exclaimed emotionally.

"What?! I did not hold this guy's hand!" Deuce retorts.

"I would never do that! Gross! But headmaster... how old are you-Ow! Seriously dude!?" Ace says then begins to ask when Isaac elbows his side.

"You never ask a person their age. It's rude." The said boy states.

"I am overwhelmed with emotion. This incident confirms it. Mr. North, you without a doubt, have talent as a beast tamer!" The man exclaims, pointing at Isaac.

"Huh? A beast tamer?!" The boy questioned confused.

"Students of Night Raven Collage are budding wizards called here by the Dark Mirror. However, they are of a superior class that makes them prideful and egotistical people... That have not the slightest inkling to work with others. Making many of them selfish and self-centered." The masked man tells him.

"In other words, they think they're better than everyone else because of their magic." Isaac summed up in his mind, casting a look to both Ace and Deuce. "Certainly explains these two knuckleheads." He added with an internal sigh.

"You're really not saying anything good." Grim states.

"You cannot use magic, but--"

"Actually, it was Isaac who got rid of the monster in the end." Deuce interrupts.