Arc 1-Chapter 1: Beginning of the Year

Through the mirror, he found himself in a strange maze-like garden. He looks all around at the beautiful scenery, then notices a strange sight.

"Hurry and paint the roses red! Hurry before the flowers wither!" Shouted a trio of what looked like card people, as they were painting a bush of white roses red.

"Hurry, hurry! We have to paint them all red!" Said the Ace.

'Paint... the roses? This, looks familiar. But why?' He thought as he watched. Just then, a young girl with blonde hair and a ribbon walks over.

"Why do you have to paint the white roses red?" She asked, startling the cards.

"Why you ask? The truth is we made a mistake and grew white ones." The two, of clubs he noticed, replied.

"The queen loves only red. If she sees white, she'll have our heads!" Shouts Ace.

"Really?" The girl asked confused. Yeah, that was odd.

"That's right. Therefore, we're painting the roses." The Three of Clubs says.

'Wait a minute... I know where I've seen this before... This is the famous rose painting of "Alice in Wonderland". Wait, if those are the card guards, that would mean that girl is...' He trails off in thought.

"Alice?" He spoke. "Alice! AH!" He tries to call out but was suddenly pulled away.

"AH!" He shouts as he wakes up to a loud banging sound. "What the-? Oh, it was just a dream." He sighs, then notices his surroundings. "Oh, right. I'm in a world called Twisted Wonderland." He remembers, then notices the book on his legs. The Disney book of Alice in Wonderland.

"Oh right, I was reading, that explains the weird dream." He recounts as he picks up the book, then is startled by a knock on the door. "Huh? Is someone at the door?" He asks as he stands.

"Mmm, hey, Isaac. It sounds like we have a late night visitor." Grim grumbles, still half asleep. Isaac attempts to hold in his laughter when he sees the cat curled up to Red. They then hear the knock again. "What? Is it those ghosts again? They just don't know when to quit, do they?" The feline asks.

"I'll go see who it is." Isaac says and walks out the room, then down the stairs to the front door, hearing as the knocking grows louder. "Alright, alright, I'm coming. Hold your horses." He calls and opens the door.

"Do you have any idea what time it is? Could this seriously not wait until—Huh? Ace?" He begins then cuts of when he sees the red haired boy. That wasn't the only strange thing, as around the boy's neck was a familiar collar.

"I'm never going back to Heartslabyul. Starting today, I'm joining your dorm!" He announces. What?!

"What's all this noise? What the-?! Ace!? You-you have a collar!?" Grim exclaims as he comes down. The three move to the lounge to talk about what's going on.

"What's going on? That's the same that red haired upperclassmen kid put around me at the entrance ceremony." Grim says. indeed it was the same collar.

"He's right, it's the same. What happened, Ace?" Isaac states then asked.

"I, ate a tart." The boy replies. Huh?

"You, ate a tart and collared for it?" The black haired boy asks.

"Yup! Just that!" Ace confirms. "When we got to our dorms, I got hungry, so I went down to the kitchen to grab some food. I looked into the fridge and found three whole tarts just sitting there chilling. I didn't think anyone would notice just one piece missing, but then the Dorm Leader shows up, calling me a thief. Then the next thing I know, I'm collared and can't use my magic." He explains.