Arc 0-Chapter 8: The Hidden Door

AN: I thought this video was amazing and wanted to show you.

Isaac sighed as he looked out the window of his room in the ramshackle, now Phantom Dorm. Grim was already asleep on the bed, but the boy couldn't bring himself to sleep at all. His mind was racing from all that has happened to him.

He suddenly found himself in another world, one that also had vampires like himself, now he's become a student at a school of magic which was founded on seven of the most famous Disney villains ever! Along with a fire-breathing cat, of all things. He's even become a supervisor and Prefect of their own dorm.

"Man..." He sighed. "What a crazy last few days." He thought then looks down at the magic crystal brooch in his hand. The one that Crowley gave him, that not only symbolizes his status as a student, it helps keep his vampiric powers under control, and keep him from transforming into his Blue Blood form.

"Isaac? You coming to bed?" He turns to see Grim awake.

"Huh? Oh, sorry. Did I wake you?" Isaac apologizes.

"Not really, I just had a feeling. Are you okay?" He says then asks.

"Yeah, just, overwhelmed I guess." The boy replies then sits down on the bed.

"I, guess that makes sense." Grim says. Isaac sighs and picks up the red bear from next to his pillow. "Hey, what's with the silly teddy bear anyway?" Grim asks.

"It, it was a gift, from the man who took me in. It was the first thing he ever gave me. We didn't have a lot while I was growing up, so I treasured everything he did manage to get me." The boy replies.

"Oh, sorry about calling a silly bear then." Grim apologizes.

"It's fine." Isaac says as he puts Red down.

"Hey! Hey! I just had an idea." The feline exclaims. "Why don't I become your familiar. I mean we're already enrolled as a student and familiar, why not make it official. Normally I wouldn't suggest such a thing, but I consider you worthy as my master." He says. Was that supposed to be a compliment?

"Okay..." Isaac says unsure. "How do you do a contract then?" He asked.

"I've heard to make a contract with a vampire, the monster in question needs to sample the vampire's blood. Don't worry though, it won't affect me any other way then connecting us to each other and forming the contract." The cat explains.

"Alright, I can do that." Isaac says and holds out his finger. Grim floats over and bites down, drawing enough blood for him to swallow a little. The wound itself heals right up. Isaac then felt a strange sensation, a connection to Grim. "There! Now we're officially familiar and vampire master!" The raccoon-cat cheers.

"You know, I'm not going to get any sleep at this rate. I think I'll take a walk to help clear my head." He says and stands up again.

"I'll go with you!" Grim cheers and flies up to his shoulder. The two walk out of the room and into the hall.

Isaac walks down the hall, then the stairs, where he came upon the spot where he first ran into the ghost trio. He then remembers the indent in the wallpaper. He feels around the wall, finding the same indent, and he feels around some more.

"Huh? Whatcha you doing?" Grim asked.

"I found something last time, so I'm looking for it again." He answers and finds a hole in the wall and looks closely. "Looks like a doorknob hole." He thinks, then feels his foot hit something on the floor. He looks down to see a knob rolling on the floor and picks it up.

"What's that?" Grim asks.

"My guess, the knob for the door here." He replies then puts the knob in the hole, and pulls the door, hidden by the wallpaper, open.

"Cool! A secret room!" Grim exclaims and Isaac walks in to find that room was a small library. With three wall sized book shelves full of books, with a ladder, a tall window, a red velvet chaise lounge and a dark wooden desk with a chair, a globe and an ink well with a plume on it.

"A library?" The feline on his shoulder asks.

"Wow..." Isaac says as he walks into the place.

"Hehehe!" The two jumped as they hear laughter and turn to see the ghost trio.

"Ahh! You guys again!" Grim exclaims.

"What do you want?" Isaac asked.

"We're just glad to see the old book place being used again." The ghost replies. "It's been closed off and forgotten even before the dorm was abandoned. It's nice to see someone take an interest." They say.

"Hey, now that I think about it, we never did introduce ourselves." They say. "I'm Gus." Says the smallest one. "I'm Ezra." Says the skinniest one. "And I'm Phineas." Says the largest one. "We look forward to living with you." They say then vanish.

"Weird, though it is cool that the Phantom Dorm has a hidden room." Grim says.

"Fair point." Isaac agrees and walks over to one of the shelves. He looks at the titles, then notices one in particular. "'Alice in Wonderland'." He read in his mind and pulls out the book. "No way, it's even Lewis Carroll's original book." He realized as he looks over the cover. "Grim? What do you think- oh." He begins to ask, only to find the cat asleep on his shoulder.

"Silly cat." He says with a smile, then gently takes the cat from his shoulder and places him on the furniture. He then takes out two more books. Including the previous book's sequel, "Alice Through the Looking Glass", sounds a lot like his current situation, and a book version of the Disney movie.

He then picks up Grim and walks back up to their room. He puts Grim on the bed, next to Red, then goes over to the lounge chair, that had a matching ottoman, and was next to a fireplace in the room, which also had a mirror above it. Pulls the sheet off the chair, coughing a little as it kicks up dust.

"I really need to clean up this place." He thought and sits down in the chair, with a book in hand. "Reading usually puts me to sleep, maybe this will help." He thought, then opens the Disney book and began reading.

AN: That's it for the prologue and on to chapter 1. Hope you guys liked reading my story. BTW, the ghost trio's names I came up with, are a reference to the hitchhiking ghosts from the Disneyland haunted mansion ride. I added their pictures to the chapter. See you soon.