Arc 0-Chapter 6: Magic and Monsters

After going over the plan, the four retuned to the mine's entrance ready to enact it. Many of them were nervous, though they wouldn't admit. Isaac himself felt worried, and a little sacred. This was his plan, and if it failed, he knew he would never forgive himself. With that said, it was time.

"Hey beasty! O-o-o-over here!" Grim called out, shuttering a little. The sound of the creature's steps shook the ground like last time. The thing emerged from the mine's entrance, facing Grim, Ace and Deuce, Isaac hiding in the shrubbery.

"Grrr... Leeeeaaaaave!!!" The monster growled.

"Ahh! It-it's coming!" The feline exclaimed.

"Remember the plan. Get it as far away from the mine as possible and distract it." Deuce reminds. The creature approaches, looking ready to strike. "Now! Over here, beast!" The blue haired boy provokes and they rush from the entrance, the monster follows and they began attacking it, this time together.

"That's my que." Isaac thought. With the monster distracted, he quickly slips past the battle and makes his way down into the mine. He reaches the area where they first ran into the creature and goes where he saw the shine. He notices the shine again, seeing something sticking out from the ground.

Isaac manages to dig up the crystal, finding in a clear blue with shades of red and green. He holds it up, swearing he felt an odd sensation from the crystal. It was surprisingly soothing, especially with his burnt bleeding hands.

Suddenly, he hears a loud crashing sound from outside the mine. It kinda sounded like when Deuce summoned that cauldron that dropped down on Ace. Ouch! That sounded like it hurt. It was then, Grim, Ace and Deuce all came rushing in.

"Awesome, man! You found a magic crystal!" Ace praises and Grim whoops.

"What happened to the monster?" Isaac asked, not seeing the thing anywhere.

"I summoned a cauldron and pinned it. So we decided to come down to check on you." Deuce answers. So that was a cauldron.

"Haaands... Offfffffff!" The monster growls, so loud they could hear it from inside.

"Crap! That thing is breaking free already?!" Ace exclaims.

"Hey, Deuce! Hurry! Throw some more stuff at it!" Grim tells the spade boy.

"Uhh, something heavy?!" The boy began to panic. "Come forth... cauldron!" The teal eyed boy exclaims, another cauldron appears, dropping on the monster. "And um... ummm! Another cauldron!" Another cauldron drops. "One more cauldron!" The boy says, dropping yet another cauldron.

"Dude, do you have nothing but cauldrons in your repertoire?!" Ace asks.

"Shut up! I'm at my wits' end here!" Deuce retorts.

"Who cares anyway? It worked didn't it?" Isaac intervenes. "Come on! Let's get out of here and back to the school before it manages to get up!" He says and they quickly make their way out of the mine and run towards the cottage again.

"That...is...miiiiiine!!" It growls.

"You gotta be kidding me?! It knocked off all that stuff and followed after us!" Ace said in disbelief.

"Stone... Give...it...baaack!" the monster growls and runs towards them.

"Shoot! It's gonna catch us at this rate!" Deuce exclaims.

"It's got to be weaker now. Maybe now you guys have a chance at beating it." Isaac suggests.

"Grr! Fine! Let's finish this then! Don't go letting me down, Mr. Serious!" The red haired boy says.