Chapter 2

"Dude, you won't believe what happened yesterday!" I said as I entered her apartment

"Dude, you won't believe what happened yesterday!" I said as I entered her apartment. I gave her the breakfast I brought and she immediately sipped the coffee.

"Tell me already!" Lu said.

I told her everything that happened, without missing any details. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't thinking about Kepa.

"Are you kidding me!" she said as I finished.

"No! I mean you should have seen Dr. Jacob's face when he asked him to apologize" I said. She whined after laughing. "Why wasn't I there?!"

"Oh, you're never there when the best things happen. You and best things are like two opposite poles." I said as I sipped my chai tea latte.

"Oh, really? But you know what? Opposite poles attract. That means the best things attract to me. And also, my choices are always the best, you've said it yourself" she said.

"Honey, that's why you chose me as your best friend," I said.
"That was a really good comeback, not going to lie" she replies.

I just chuckled at that.

You know in most romance novels, the female protagonist is always the sweet, calm, no-breaking-rules one. Lu really relates to those because she is like them, literally.

But I can never relate to them. I'm never the female protagonist who falls in love with a bad boy. I'm the girl's best friend.

The one who always forces the main protagonist to a party? Yep, that's me. The one who is really weird and clumsy? Yep, that's me. The one who has major mood swings? ding ding ding!

But Lu has mood swings as well. Never mind.

But I don't think I am like that anymore. I mean the last time I actually had fun was in the first year of university. After that, it was just studying, studying, and studying.

"What about the guy? He seems pretty...I don't know...into you?" Lu said.
"Two things Lu, two things" I paused as I raised my index and middle finger.

"One, you got to stop relating real-life incidents to your romance novels, that's my move" She rolled her eyes and said, "I don't even want to hear the second one"

"Good! Because I didn't have a second one" I said giggling. I look at my watch to see it's 7:30 am. "You have 15 minutes to get ready Lu," I said.

"Ah! I'll be ready don't you worry" she sings that part. "Lu, with that speed of eating, it'll take you 100 centuries," I said.

"You got a point!" she said as she started walking towards her room. "and Lu? Did you drink water today?" I asked but she ran inside her room.

I swear to god this woman! Before I met Lu, I thought I was a slow eater but nope! I even thought that everyone loves water you know, I mean I love water! It certainly has a taste! But Lu can go a day without drinking water.