Chapter 9

We were currently driving back to my house

We were currently driving back to my house. I gave him the directions and only a u-turn was left. As he took the turn I looked at him and oh my god.

Why does he look so hot while pulling the car into a u-turn? That's a very normal thing. I need to consult a psychiatrist.

He pulled the car into a u-turn with only one hand and the other hand was wrapped around mine. I felt a shiver run down my spine. Holy crap I need help!

"Is this it?" he asked.
"Yes, just pull up near that black double door," I said. He nodded as he pulled up right in front of my apartment building.

"Thank you so much for today Kepa, I had lots of fun," I said with a smile.
"You can thank me by giving me your number," he said with a smirk.

I chuckled at that. The Chelsea goalkeeper is asking for my number?! This is so unreal oh my god.

"Give me your phone," I said and he handed me his phone. I put in my number and gave it back to him. He saved my number as I leaned back and took the bag of my wet clothes.

"Why don't you come over to my apartment? I'll give you the jersey and the jacket then." I said. He took my hand back in his and rubbed the top with the other hand.

Holy crap! The tingles just don't stop when I'm with him.

"I want you to keep it, Valerie," he said in his deep Spanish accent. "Won't you need it for practice tomorrow?" I asked.

"I have plenty of those Ree," he said. I turned red at the mention of the nickname. It feels so nice to have a nickname from him.

We heard a yell from the apartment building. We looked out from the window to see Kyle standing on my apartment's balcony and singing a song loudly.

He had headphones on and a glass of wine in his hand. He was only in his shorts exposing his body.

"Isn't that your friend, Kyle?" Kepa asked.
"Oh yeah he is, he's going to put me into trouble if he continues yelling like that," I said.

"What's he doing in your apartment? Do you both live together?" Kepa asked with a frown on his face.

"Oh, no no no. He lives in his apartment in Belgravia. He's just spending his night here I guess." I said as I sighed. I looked back at Kepa to see his jaw ticking and his eyes narrowed on Kyle.

"Hey, Kepa? Are you okay?" I asked. He seemed to snap out of it and nodded his head with a smile back on his face.

"I should get going now," I said. Even though I didn't want to leave but I had to. "Can you stay here just for 5 minutes?" he asked.

"Sure!" I said with a smile. "It's like we ran out of time today. I don't want this day to end," he said.

I smiled at him and looked out for a brief second and replied, "same,"