Chapter 12

Today is the worst day of my life

Today is the worst day of my life. I thought the opposite when I found out that I was going to be an aunt. Ugh, I hate this!!!

I called Kepa to inform him to not pick me up as we planned but he didn't pick up the call. He might be in practice right now. Stupid me!

I sighed as I kept the phone back in the locker. I wore the doctor's coat on top of the uniform when my phone started ringing. I looked at the screen to see Kepa calling me.

I immediately smiled and felt warm inside. I picked it up and heard his voice that always makes me weak, "Hey, are you okay? You called, you should be in your shift right?"

I giggled and replied, "You should be in practice too,"
"yes I was about to leave but tell me what's up," he replied.

"I have bad news," I said before sighing.
"Why what is it?" he asked.

I sighed loudly attracting others attention but I didn't care at this moment. "You know Dr Scott is my resident but my attending, which is my boss's boss, dropped a bomb this morning. Now that we only have one month left of our internship, our shift will be 24 hours instead of 9 hours," I said.

"What? Are you kidding? 24 hours, that's insane," he said.
"I know! So it starts now at 9 and will end tomorrow at 9 am. But from tomorrow it will be from 7 am to 7 am of the next day," I replied.

Dr Thompson is an asshole. I hate him, so fucking much. I prefer Dr Scott now. "Sweetheart you can do it okay? Just remember why you are doing this for," Kepa tried to encourage which worked a little.

"I don't know whether I'll be able to stay up all night! And if I don't show good performance then they'll remove me from the internship program," I said. I was biting my lips so hard now.

Weirdly, I'm sharing all this with Kepa now, instead of Kyle. He is really changing my life. I'm not complaining though.

"Darling, you can do it okay? Want me to get you coffee at night?" he asked.
"What no! I don't want you to do anything like that! We have coffee here, anyways I got to go now," I said as I looked at the other interns leaving the changing room.

"Okay one last thing, call me whenever you get a break okay? Even if it's 1 in the night, you will call me okay Red?" he said using his new nickname for me.

I giggled and replied, "You got it, Kepler,"
"Bye love, you'll do well I know," he said after chuckling and we hung up.

The smile did not seem to leave my face when he said that. "We got to go, Val," Noah called out making me jump out of my dream world.

The rest of the day went so slow. I was running here and there. I helped deliver 3 babies and was already so tired.

It was 9:43 pm right now and I was called into Dr Thompson's office. I was the only one who was called so I was very nervous. I knocked and heard a come in.