Chapter 11

Before starting this chapter, I want to say I'm so proud of Kepa, that's all. If you haven't read his story posted by 'players tribune football', then please do. Here's the link- playerstribu.ne/Kepa

I accepted the face time and he yelled, "wall-eeeeee, I missed you!" "I missed you too! Oh my god, it's been so long Keith! Where have you been?" I asked

"I missed you too! Oh my god, it's been so long Keith! Where have you been?" I asked.

I glanced at Kepa to see a frown on his face as he looked at me. I raised my eyebrows at him and he just shook his head erasing the frown. The signal was green now so he started driving towards the hospital.

"Wait, where are you?" Keith asked. I cleared my throat and said, "I'm in the car," should I tell him about Kepa?

"I can see that! Is Kyle with you?" he asked. I heard Kepa take a quick breath in. I guess he has a problem with Kyle. "No, actually I'm with someone else, why?" I asked.

"Wait, you got yourself a boyfriend? And you didn't tell me?!" Keith yelled and I went red. "No, Keith, he's not my boyfriend," I said as I glanced at Kepa to see him looking at me with a smile. I mouthed 'I'm so sorry' to him.

He just winked back at me in return. I gasped but didn't say anything as I looked back at my phone. "Oh yeah, not yet. I'm been where you are wall-e," he replied.

"Will you stop calling me that!" I said.
"Why? Because your 'little friend' will hear that?" Keith teased.

I swear I'm red with embarrassment right now. I glanced at Kepa to see him trying not to laugh. I sighed and said, "Why did you call?"

"I'll tell you once you introduce us to your boyfriend. I bet he can hear me so, hey boyfriend if you can hear me then just take the phone from her hand." Keith said loudly.

I gasped and said, "Keith! No!"
He giggled and said, "Why not? Amelia? Honey? Come here fast! Valerie got herself a boyfriend!" he called his wife.

I heard Kepa laugh at my situation but I simply looked up and shook my head, "For god's sake Keith!" I said.

"Valerie! Hi sweetie, how have you been? You look pretty today, just like always!" Amelia, Keith's wife said. She's the best for him, I love her.

"Honey, you got to check your eyes, Val and beautiful? Yuck!" Keith grimaced.
"Fuck you, Keith!" I replied.

"Now cut the crap, introduce us to your boyfriend," Amelia said. "Give me a second," I said as I put the call on hold.

Kepa looked at me with confusion and said, "Why'd you keep them on hold? I was enjoying that!" I narrowed my eyes at him and said, "Very funny! Also, is it okay if I introduce you to them? I mean are you okay with that?"

His eyes soften and he said, "I'm fine with it if you are,"
He's so sweet. "Okay, thanks" I replied.

I retrieved their call and said, "Okay, promise me you won't freak out okay?" I said as I looked at Keith and Amelia's excited face. "Yes, yes we promise!" Amelia replied immediately.