Chapter 22

My reunion with my childhood crush and best friend, Sebastian, was a big disaster

My reunion with my childhood crush and best friend, Sebastian, was a big disaster. Kepa didn't let go of my waist at all. The only time he wasn't touching me was when I hugged Sebastian right when I entered Kyle's apartment.

That too was only for a second until he pulled me back into his arms. He sat beside me the entire time while Sebastian told us about his life in Paris as a model. Yep, that asshole really became a model.

Kepa's hold on me had tightened when Kyle brought up the topic of me having a crush on Sebastian. "Oh my god, you know what Kepa? So back in school, it was always the three of us but Sebastian was also in the popular group. Val used to literally stare at him as if he was the last man walking on earth. 'Where is Bash?' 'Why is Bash absent today?' 'Why is Mindy's arm around Bash?' Bash Bash Bash-"

I had to shut him up by hitting him with my face red and Kepa's was red too, but with anger. It was kinda cute actually and I laughed at his face but he was really pissed at something because he didn't return the smile.

We were now in his car and there was pin-drop silence between us. His hand was on my thigh in a firm grip and his face was blank. Definitely still pissed.

"What happened?" I asked keeping my hand on his. He glanced at me and then back at the road. "I'm your boyfriend, Valerie," he said looking at me for a second and then back to the road.

Him saying that sent a sudden rush of butterflies throughout my body. Yes, I knew he was but just him saying that made my cheeks red.

"Yes, that you are," I replied not really knowing where this is going. "Then why did you introduce me to Sebastian as your friend?" his eyes were narrowed now. Don't tell me he thinks I still have some feelings left for him.

So that's what he's pissed about. "I thought you didn't want to um...I thought we were going to keep this a secret because of your fame?" I said not really knowing how to frame this.

He sighed and rubbed his hand on my thigh going up a little. "That's right, we are keeping this secret for your safety but we could always share with our close ones, especially to the man of your childhood dreams," he replied looking at me.

I smiled at that and realised this was our first relationship talk if that's what it's called. I said, "I'm sorry Kepa. I thought-" he cut me off by saying, "Why are you sorry? You didn't do anything wrong, amor. Don't say sorry,"

I smiled at him and shook my head. He's crazy. "Oh yes that I am," he replied letting me know I said that out loud. Ugh!

I looked outside the window to see it was cloudy today. "You look good in my clothes. Got to say that was the only thing keeping me sane back there," he said.

I didn't have clothes at Kepa's house so he had given me his black Nike sweatshirt and matching sweatpants. I had some clothes at Kyle's house but I didn't bother changing out of these so I just wore my shoes there.