Chapter 4

We entered the elevator and started our way down

We entered the elevator and started our way down. We didn't exchange any words because there were other people present there as well. Kepa was busy on his phone with a frown on his godly face.

The elevator stopped on the ground floor and we walked out. "Uh, Valerie?" Kepa called. "Yeah?" I asked.

"I am so sorry but I have to cancel this lunch. The coach has called us." He said. He clearly looked angry and sad at the same time. "It's okay! We'll meet next time." I said.

"I'm sorry Valerie I really am" he apologized again.
"It's okay! You go, goalkeeper! Save a goal for me now will you?" I said.

He chuckled at that and said, "One goal reserved for you!" I laughed with him, "Good luck!"

He smiled and left the hospital. I wanted to have lunch with him but, it's okay. I walked back to the elevator and started my way towards the cafeteria.

~

Soon the day ended for me, Lu had to wait back for some pending work. It was currently 5:10 pm and I had to take Juliet out for a walk. Juliet was Lu's golden retriever.

I drove to her apartment and opened the door with my spare key. As soon as the door opened Juliet jumped on top of me. "You missed me, honey?" I asked and she barked.

I picked her up and closed the door. She was moving in my arms until she was comfortable. I walked towards the kitchen to get some water and kept Juliet down but her forelegs got stuck in my necklace.

"Don't move Juliet! Easy there" I said as she kept moving. I bend down to untangle her hand from the necklace but she moved so fast that the necklace broke.

"No! That was my favorite one Julie" I said. She sat beside me and looked at me innocently. I sighed and said, "Fine! You're forgiven"

"I can never be angry with you," I said as I drank some water. "Show me your nails come on!" I asked. I looked at her nails and they were very long now. "That's why it hurt when you moved," I said.

I cut her nails and we got ready to go out for a walk. We were walking on the pavement when I started thinking about Kepa. His brown eyes, his Spanish accent, his hair...altogether just him.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I got a call from Lu. "Is Juliet okay?" she asked.
"Yes, she is. I cut her nails because you were too busy not to. We are currently heading to the garden" I said.

"Thank you so much, Val," she said. "I know! I'm the bestest best friend. But it's for my girl Juliet! Not you" I said, "yeah yeah okay! I got to go, bye," she said and we hung up.

"She didn't even ask how I was?! She's so bad right Julie?" she barked in return.

She wagged her tail as we walked. She's the cutest! We reached the garden and I pulled out the Captain America Frisbee from her bag which contained the poop scoop stuff.