Chapter 7

I blushed at that comment

I blushed at that comment. "Can we play some music?" I asked and he said, "sure" I nodded as I tapped on the screen for some music.

"I'm sorry, I uh listen to more Spanish songs than English. You can change the station if you like." He said as the song started.

"Oh my god, I love this song!" I said as Dakiti by Bad Bunny and Jhay Cortez started playing. I started singing along to it while Kepa looked at me shocked.

I sang the whole song out loud and vibed with it just like I usually do. I don't know why I'm doing this and embarrassing myself in front of Kepa but, I just feel like myself when I'm with him. I just didn't care.

I sang the whole song with the rap and looked at Kepa. "I'm sorry, I'm a bad singer but I couldn't help it!" I said.
"Your Spanish accent is so hot," he said in a low voice. He looked so shocked as well.

"That says that I spelt some words completely wrong," I said.
"Yes, you confidently did! But Valerie, you keep surprising me! You listen to Spanish songs?!" he asked pretty excitedly.

"I love Spanish songs, especially this one! I don't understand shit but I loved the tune and beats when I first heard this song. Then as I kept listening to it, I eventually learned the lyrics." I said.

"You sure don't understand the lyrics to sing it out loud," he said laughing. "But you sing so beautifully!" he continued.

"I don't know why I did honestly, I mean, I never sing in front of anyone. There's just something about you that makes me feel...me" I said.

"I'm glad I do that to you Ree." He said. Wait? Did he just call me Ree? Did he just give me a nickname?

I was about to ask him but he stopped the car. We reached our destination I guess. He opened my door and gave me his hand. His car was at a height so it really helped. The tingles just don't stop.

"Thank you," I said as I got down. He opened the back seat door to take our lunch out. I looked around to see the view. We were on a road surrounded by buildings. He took my hand in his and we started walking.

"Where are we Arrizabalaga?" I asked him.
"What is your obsession with my surname?" he chuckled.

"Answer the question," I said smiling.
"No seriously! You've been obsessed with it since the first time we met" he said.

"I just, like to pronounce it you know. I love to call you Arrizabalaga." I said.
"Have I ever told you how much I love your accent?" he asked.

The blood rushed to my cheeks again, "answer my question, where are we going?" I asked again. He chuckled before he said, "you'll see"

My hand was in his and I looked at it as we walked. My small hands fit perfectly in his huge ones. No air was allowed to pass between them as they are like two pieces of a puzzle, molded for each other.