chapter ₁₄

an;

an;

Please, vote and comment.
date; 18th June'21, Friday.
word count; 1720.
Not proofread.

Hoseok hasn't been to school for a few days straight which worried Yoongi a lot. He didn't want to seem clingy or desperate in front of Hoseok, so he refrained himself from reaching out to the latter via calls or texts.

It's the fifth day already, Yoongi is halfway through the day, in the school, still waiting for Hoseok's arrival. He sighs sadly as he boringly plays with the food on his plate using his chopsticks. There really isn't anything interesting when Hoseok is not around, he realises.

Not that he didn't knew about it before, but it's just hitting him different now, than before. Especially after the confession he made to the latter.

He can't help but.. just get desperate, okay?

Now that his feelings were all open to Hoseok, he didn't want anything but his attention, his love. And if he can't get that, the least he wishes to receive is his presence. Even if Hoseok didn't love him back.

"Yoongi, is that you?"

A voice interrupts his train of thoughts. A voice that's rather familiar yet somehow new. He turns his head around towards the voice only to find Namjoon going towards him. He stiffens as he puts the chopsticks down, "Yeah, Namjoon. How are you?"

Namjoon shrugs as he takes a seat opposite to Hoseok, " 'm good. I almost didn't recognise you with your new hair," he laughs timidly with the comment, not wanting to sound rude, "Why are you so isolated, anyways?"

Although Hoseok and Yoongi, and Hoseok and Namjoon were good friends, Namjoon and Yoongi never really had a conversation without Hoseok. They barely ever met at the same time, thanks to their different majors and different timings of lunch break.

"It's nothing, really. Hobi hasn't been coming to school and I don't even know the reason. I want to talk to him but at the same time, I do not want to come off as a desperate boy so I'm just hol-"

Yoongi stops his little rant when he realises that he has been giving the boy in front of him a few good hints about his love for Hoseok. "I, I mean. I'm worried about his grades, is all." He tries to cover up by diverting the topic awkwardly.

Namjoon looks at Yoongi knowingly, but he didn't want to seem like a creep, so he pretends he doesn't know about his feelings towards Hoseok. The taller man, although he wouldn't admit this, had a [rather huge] crush on Yoongi. So when Hoseok asked for his advice a few weeks back, he didn't just give the boy his honest advice but also selfishly hid his own secret by saying he isn't 'in love' with Yoongi but it is with whoever the other guy was.