chapter ₀₉

an—republishing becauseI made some changes

an—
republishing because
I made some changes.

⊹⊹⊹

Hoseok was making his way towards his home. He was walking home by himself despite of Taehyung saying, and requesting he'd drop him. He was somehow able to convince him otherwise because he needed time to collect his thoughts.

His head was filled with so many thoughts. Just a few days ago, his life was simple but now it has become so complicated. Complicated in his heart, especially. Taehyung or Yoongi. Yoongi or Taehyung. What does his heart want? He doesn't know. Maybe he should just give it some time.

He was now at the park near his house, seated on a swing which was slowly rocking to and fro. Sitting there for around half an hour in deep thoughts, Hoseok concluded he can't just do this in one day. So, he decided he'd finally leave to go to his home.

Reaching home, the first thing he did was to hug his mother. He slightly sobbed as he remembered how worried he was when Taehyung told him— well, tricked him to do things, saying he has his mother in his captivation.

Mrs. Jung was slightly confused and hearing to his son's sobs made her concerned. But without asking him first, she rubbed his back soothingly with her palms and calmed him down first. Not breaking the hug yet, "What's wrong, baby? Why are you crying? Who hurt you?" She questioned.

Hoseok shook his head. Telling her about what the great Prince has done or said to him would just worry her. He will maybe, talk to her about this some time later but, not now. He shook his head which was present on his mother's crook of neck, "Nothing. I just missed you."

And she knew this was not the reason for him to be crying so heart-breakingly but decided not to push his buttons. "Okay," she says softly, "Take a shower and come back down. I'll serve you the dinner, okay?"

"Okay.." Hoseok says and leaves.

Hoseok went to school the next day. It was kind of weird to him to walk alone because him and Yoongi always went to school and came back home together. But Yoongi texted him saying he had some errands to run, so he'll be late and that Hoseok should leave without waiting for him.

He sat himself on his seat and was going through his notes when someone tapped on his shoulder. He briefly looked at them and turned back down, "I'm sorry, this seat is taken." He says, probably thinking it's a newbie, wanting to claim a seat for himself.

He heard the boy laugh, so he turned back up only to see that the boy was Yoongi. Yoongi removed his mask and sat beside Hoseok, "Pretty sure I'm the owner of the seat," he says while grinning.

"Yoongi?!" Hoseok exclaims, his eyes slightly wider, "I almost didn't recognise you!"

"No, you completely did not recognise me." Yoongi laughs.

"Why did you dye your hair?" Hoseok questioned being confused, "Isn't that against the school rules?"

"Screw the rules. I've been wanting to dye my hair for so long. If they do catch me and decide to punish me, let's see what can happen." He replies nonchalantly.

Hoseok examined Yoongi's hair. He looked handsome and the colour suited him so well. "But out of all the colours, you chose green?" He says, chuckling as he felt his hair with his palm. They felt so soft.

"Because green is your favourite colour.." Yoongi mutters but because they were seated close to each other, Hoseok was able to listen to him. His heart thumped for a second as he hesitantly retreated his hand from Yoongi hair. But Yoongi was quick to grab it and place it back to where it was previously situated, "Feels nice when you do that, don't stop just yet." He says, closing his eyes to Hoseok's touch. Hoseok nods even though yoon hi couldn't see him as of now, and continues doing what he was doing few seconds ago.

The teacher walked in and Yoongi had to hide his urge to groan out loudly because Hoseok's hand was no longer on his hair.

Few days later.

Hoseok was shifting on his bed. It was around one in the morning and he wasn't able to sleep, while he was pretty much sure everyone are fast asleep by this time. His mind wasn't relaxed.

Its been a few days since he last met Taehyung and he wouldn't lie but he misses him. They did chat a little, just a little, every now and then, Taehyung never really left a chance to flirt with Hoseok, making his heart flutter with his littlest text, sending his pictures with captions like, wish you were here [ side note; he captioned it with a picture of his boner ] or, missing you or, can't wait to be with you and so on. But that was it, nothing more. [ as if there was anything else left to do except meeting up. ]

Yoongi has been the same all this time — not asking Hoseok about his feelings or, in no ways, pressuring him to answer him. He has been pretty much stable except the times when he get overprotective of Hoseok when someone else would try to flirt with him.

There was this one time when a girl was approaching Hoseok, all too shy. Yoongi suspected she was up to something but didn't say a word just yet. When she finally stood in front of Hoseok, she tucked her hair behind her ear and looked down with a shy smile, saying, "Can we go out?"

Hoseok looked at her, suddenly feeling flustered because he was being asked out by a girl. And before he could muster his words to sweetly decline her, Yoongi stood in between them, acting as a shield of Hoseok. "I'm sorry, but he doesn't flow that way." The girls eyes widened as she tried looking at Hoseok, wanting to confirm if Yoongi was right but she couldn't because Yoongi didn't let her.

Yoongi grabbed Hoseok's hand and left the place. Hoseok looked back at her, muttering a sorry with an apologetic face. The girl bit her lip, trying her best not to cry because she was practically turned down. [ technically, not by the one she asked but by his friend, which made it even worse. ]

Thinking back, Hoseok realised Yoongi was the one to be with him all the time, and not Taehyung. Should he give Yoongi a try? It must be Yoongi, and not Taehyung. Giving him a chance should not be a big deal to him. But then again, he doesn't know the reason for him to get all too shy and flustered when he's [talking or, simply staying]with Taehyung, not to forget– his heartbeat would always go crazy when he flirts with him. But— but, I don't love him, Hoseok says to himself. It looked like he was convincing himself by saying so. He must think thoroughly before deciding anything. This is going to be so hard. He thought as his eyes soon gave up and he finally slept.

‣‣

an;
Thanks for your patience.
This was not proofread ^-^;

/

updated on
11062020 / 05 07 pm.