chapter ₁₆

note: longestchapter so far !!It's +3

note: longest
chapter so far !!
It's +3.2k words.

warning:
mentions of RTA; and
as usual, this chapter
is also not proofread.

Hoseok is pleased when he doesn't find Taehyung around him for the next few days. Maybe he did the right thing to leave the mansion without thinking much about Taehyung's warning.

But a part of his heart is yearning for his presence, his annoyingly charming smile and his stupidly possessive behaviour.

Shaking his head, Hoseok pats both of his cheeks. "Get yourself together, Hobi! This is not the time you get distracted and think about him. Utilize your time well and prepare for your exam!"

He briefly checks his cracked [thanks to Taehyung] phone to see if he has got any texts from anyone [Taehyung] but is bummed to see that there isn't any. So much for someone who claims to be madly in love with me! He pouts, looking away and that's when a ding is heard from his phone.

Excited, he checks for the sender but all of his excitement is blown away when he sees it's his network company that sent him a text. "Ugh, they're so annoying! How can I unsubscribe to their updates?" He searches for the option and that's when he gets a pop-up of another text.

Surprisingly, it's Yoongi.

They haven't spoken much in the past few days. Hoseok is too guilty to initiate a conversation, and Yoongi is probably too chastened to do that himself. And that's how, Hoseok believes, they grew distant.

Yoonie
Hey
Are you asleep?

Me
Hi Yoonie
How are u? I miss u ):
And I'm not asleep yet.
😮‍💨🧟‍♀️😓😪😪

Yoonie
I'm... fine. You?

Hoseok takes his moment to reply for that text. He has known Yoongi for years, and he could just tell that Yoongi clearly isnt feeling fine. And he believes he is probably the reason Yoongi is feeling down. But he decides not to make things awkward, so he changes the direction of the conversation before it could take them to awkward situation.

Me
I'm annoyed. Ugh n exhausted.
N worried 2. I hope I do well 🥺

Yoonie
You'll do your best and you'll
pass the exams in flying colours,
trust me.
Don't beat yourself up too much.