chapter ₀₁

━━

━━

"Hoseok, baby. Wake up soon! You'll be late to the school." Hoseok's mother called out for him while she was preparing breakfast for him, humming into the music she had in her ears through the earphones.

"Urgh.. I literally hate school. I don't wanna go today. Why not fake my fever?" He talked to no one in particular.

He slowly yet steadily tiptoed to the kitchen -without letting his mom know- and took an onion, cut it into two and went back to his room.

As soon as he reached his room. He kept the onions in his underarm and he called out for his mom and started his acting. "Ugh.. Mom, I think I'm kinda sick today."

He saw his mom rushing into his room with worried expressions as soon as she heard her son's statement.

"Oh, my baby. What has happened to you? You were all fine up to yesterday. Then how come- Wait, I'll go grab thermometer and come."

Hoseok was grinning widely thinking his mom fell for his trap. Well.. That's what he thought. His mom soon entered the room and started checking his temperature.

Beep beep beep

The thermometer showed 100. 2° F. His mom was worried. Well.. That's what her expressions showed. She said she'll be right back and left the room yet again.

After a few minutes, she returned. And Hoseok saw she had something in her hands which she was tryna hide, but didn't gave much thought about it.

"I think you should call school and give them a notice saying I'm sick, mom." Hoseok said in groggy tone, still acting.

"I guess you're right. But.. Hoseok, do you know what I've got here for my sweet li'l son?" Said that, she un-hid her hands and showed what she has got for Hoseok.

As soon as Hoseok laid his eyes on the object, he started jumping and screaming like anything. His mom chuckled at his son's reactions.

"Damn, mom. How did you even knew I wasn't sick and was faking my fever." He said, still moving away from the object. "And please mom, keep that thingy away from me. You know na mom, I.. I hate snake." [No guys, it's not the real snake we're talking about, but a plastic toy.]

"If you are smart, I'm double smart, my kid. Now get up and go get ready for the school. You're already late."

Hoseok whined. He wondered how his mom would always catch him no matter how best he tried to trick her. "And yes, my boi, your breakfast is all ready. Mind to have it?"

And with that she left the room, still smiling at her son's ways of getting away from school.

|

As said, Hoseok had his breakfast, still bickering with his mom saying 'I swear mom, I really was sick.'

And then his mother would reply, 'Yeah yeah and that's the reason both the onions were falling as soon as you got up?' making him shut up.

Hoseok was now standing at the bus stop waiting for his bus to arrive. He was seated on the bench, hands on his phone as he was playing NFS MOST WANTED.

In the middle if the game -which he was about to win- someone snatched his phone without any warning.

Hoseok was so damn pissed. He was somehow able to beat his rival and now it all went to vain.

"Hello? Mister? Who the hell are you to snatch my phone without my permission?" When he saw the person, he came to a realization that he was rich AND was as young as he was. Well.. Maybe Hoseok was a bit older than him?

He had a uniform on of a school which was not so far away from the one he was now studying. He concluded his thoughts and gathered them together., he started.

"You seem to be rich? Don't they give you a phone? Aww.. Too bad." Hoseok started to roast him which he seemed to enjoy a lot.

Little did he know that his enjoyment was just for few moments.

Hoseok then started trying to get his phone from the stranger. Which he failed everytime. The stranger chuckled.

"You find this funny, huh? Give me my god damn phone back. I need to go to scho-"

Hoseok saw his bus moving away with a honk honk, the moment he was still saying about leaving for the school. And he really was pissed right now. He so wanted to kill the stranger.

When he saw the stranger being busy in his phone, he took this as an opportunity and grabbed his phone back.

The stranger was quite angry, you could tell by seeing his facial expressions. "Just gimme the phone man, I need to make a call."

His voice was so deep that it sent shivers down Hoseok spine and gulp the hard lump formed in his mouth. Hoseok almost fell for the stranger but still, he tried acting cool and unaffected.

"Oh, really? What were you doing the rest time? Stalking? Getting the information about me through the phone? Or what?"

The stranger scoffed at his confidence. "Sassy much, huh? I like the level of your confidence by the way. I'd lik- no! I'd love to keep you by my side. Forever."

[A/N: So hey guys that was the first chapter!
I hope 'twas good enough for the wait. Stay tuned for future updates haha. 😊😊]