chapter ₁₀

an-Not proofread

an-
Not proofread.

The very next day, Hoseok found himself waiting for a friend from the literature major. They haven't known each other for so long, but they have quite a good bonding. Hoseok always witnessed how the latter was almost always so philosophical with his thoughts and his talks. It made him think and believe that if he talks to him about his little problem, he would be able to find himself a proper lead to his bumpy way.

When he saw the boy approaching, he waved his hands higher so that the boy would be able to spot him., which he did. The tall boy soon jogged towards Hoseok and sat beside him.

"Hi, Joonie." Hoseok greeted, "How have you been? You're busier these days, huh?" He says as a mischievous smile was plastered on his face.

Namjoon blushed, "Oh, I am not. Yoongi has just been asking me to tutor him, nothing else."

"Well, I didn't mention him anywhere." Hoseok replies, smiling cheekily.

"Oh, hush!" Namjoon says, his cheeks turning redder, "What's up?"

Hoseok sighs as he begins, "So, there is a person A, person B and a person C.." he explains his problem in that format, without including names because he wasn't sure if he was at a place to reveal about the prince, let alone, say people about his love interests. He didn't want to cross the line.

And from what Namjoon heard so far, he was convinced it was about Hoseok, and he didn't bother to ask Hoseok about it just yet, because he thought he should first listen to what Hoseok has got to say completely.

Hoseok told him each and every encounter of his and Yoongi's, and his and Taehyung's ever since the prince came into his life. And, Namjoon heard it all. So, when Hoseok was finally finished talking, he took a long breath and sat back.

"If I am not wrong, the person A here is you?" Namjoon asks and Hoseok nods. And Namjoon isn't dumb. He knows that Hoseok is portraying Yoongi the person B. I mean, it's pretty obvious. They were both childhood friends and the entire campus knew of it. He also knows that there has been some sort of visible tension between those two guys. The only person he doesn't knew of, was the person C.

But he decided he wouldn't question Hoseok about it.

"From what I heard, Hoseok, I think the spark, or the increased heartbeat you got when you were with the person B wasn't because you love him. Whenever you mentioned about their heart pumping faster around them, you were either running, jogging, or were about to fall on the ground- which makes it natural for your heart to beat faster out of reflex. And, you mentioned it yourself that you never felt the way you've been feeling lately towards the person B up until the person C has showed up in your life. I think it's your mind playing with you by creating confusion. And it only gives one logic explanation : it's not the person B you're in love, but the person C. And you're just masking those feelings. Let me try and be more simpler with my words,"

He must be so stupid to be taking an advice from a friend about his heart, and for his love confusion, but Hoseok was just not good with this stuff. So, if he got adviced by someone he could trust or rely on, maybe it would clear a little bit of his confusion. So, Hoseok carefully heard Namjoon speaking, mentally taking notes.

"The person C seems more possessive of you in such short period of time. I wouldn't say it's the best, but that just shows they have fallen for you so hard in a really short time that they get jealous over any other person who gets closer to you, and it just proves how much they love you. See, the want of possession only comes when it is something your heart doesn't want to lose. I hope I'm not complicating things for you, Hoseok, but from what you said, it looks like you're convincing yourselves to love person B, rather than person C just because you've known the person B longer, and because you don't want to lose them, and because you're afraid to give someone new a chance. It doesn't make sense to me, but I won't say anything regarding that. It's your life, after all. However, I hope it turns out just great for you."

Namjoon finishes.

And when Hoseok goes home, he has each and every word of Namjoon still running fresh in his mind. Logically, he did make sense like he always does. Like, come to think of it, he was right. Hoseok didn't really experience an aggressive racing heart when he was with Yoongi if it weren't for the occasions and circumstances they were with. Thinking back now, he realizes what Namjoon said was right.

So, Yoongi isn't the one he loves, huh?

Frustratingly, he kicked his duvet and punched his poor teddy.

Hoseok decides he'd talk to Yoongi about his feelings for him. He thinks, if he takes any longer he'd only give hopes to Yoongi and he didn't want that. So when he calls Yoongi to meet up near the playground, Yoongi thinks he knows they're gonna talk about his confession.

He hopes Hoseok accepts and decides to give him a chance. He hopes.

"Yoongi, I, umm.. I called you here to talk about what you said.." Hoseok starts awkwardly.

Yoongi smiles nervously, "I know, Hoseok. But before you say anything, let's make sure nothing between us changes? Even if you do accept me or r-reject me, please, let's not break our friendship. No matter what your decision is, we'd always be friends first, okay?"

Hoseok was secretly thankful to what Yoongi just said. It was already horribly hard for him to decide saying Yoongi, so Yoongi saying that to him now made him feel at ease. He nods as he continues, "Y-Yoongi, I- I'm sorry, but I don't think I'd love you." He whispers, instantly feeling guilty as he looked at Yoongi's teary eyes.

Despite the little tears in his eyes, Yoongi forces out a smile, "Don't be sorry, Hoseok-ah. It's not your fault. But, I'd like to mention it that my heart won't be changing any time soon just in case, so if you want someone to rely on, and someone to love you- I'm just a call away."

His words were very comforting. They almost made Hoseok feel okay instead of feeling sorry for him. He nods in reply and they leave to have some fun elsewhere. Yoongi was so persistent to take Hoseok to have fun at the karaoke so that Hoseok wouldn't feel down., when in reality it should have been the other way around.

Because it was Yoongi who got dumped, not Hoseok.

But Yoongi knew Hoseok the best. He knows Hoseok is internally cursing himself because of what just happened. Which was why he was doing all of this. He didn't want Hoseok to feel sorry for him just because of his feelings. Hoseok's happiness mattered more to him. And he would do anything in his hands to bring that smile on his face.

▬▬

Updated-
17082020 | 01 08 am.

••

Word Count-
Around 1.2k words.