chapter 21.

Ashanti Smith

Ashanti Smith

Alessandro and I had been doing great ever since he got out of the hospital. We had a moment together when his family left to get a change of clothes.

I told him that I had to work on somethings within my own insecurities. I had to realize that every guy I have a relationship with is not my ex. He listened and he understood where I was coming from.

I didn't tell him that I loved him yet because I couldn't find the right time. I didn't want to tell him while he was stuck in a car because he probably would've thought that it was a spur of the moment confession. But then I would scold myself because that could've possibly been the last moment I saw him alive.

When he woke up, we picked up right where we left off. It was like we hadn't taken a months break from each other. The feelings were still there, the heat was still there, it never left.

The girls had been worried about me when he was asleep. They would call and text me every five minutes to check up on me and I appreciated it. They didn't come to the hospital because they knew it would be a full room and that it was a family moment. Although, I did try to leave to give his family their space but the just scolded me and told me to stay put.

They were kind of scary... the women more so then the men.

It didn't take him long to get back on his feet after he got released from the hospital. He still found ways to make me feel hot and heavy without even touching me. It was torture not being able to touch myself. Especially when he walked around half naked all day, and would send me naughty pictures when I was alone.

He was now able to use his right arm to full capacity, he was more then happy about that.

" You almost done butters." His voice called out from his room as I finished curling my now straightened hair. Tonight was his family's annual charity event. It would be his first time attending with a date.

I was feeling a little smug about that,being the first ,and hopefully only girl to tame the Alessandro De'luca. This would also be Sage's first time going as Giovanni's date but she's been out in the spotlight with them. She's told me about how she felt when people speak on their relationship online. She also told me not worry what others thought because at the end of the day, I was the one with him.

Sage and I had grown close since the hospital. We had a lot in common when it came to choosing the wrong men, only to get saved by another.

" Yep." I call out as I finish off my hair with hair spray. I gave myself a final look over before adjusting my make up here and there.