chapter 31.

A week after the break up:

I'd been a mess— an absolute fucking mess.

I looked over to see about ten pints of salted malted chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream that Sage recommended when I called her on the phone crying.

Who knew losing but not losing the love of your life would be so hard.

I had hope that we would get back to each other eventually. I had hope that we would finally be happy together after this break.

We needed this... this was going to work out for us.

After sulking in my new room for a whole week straight. I decided to make an impulsive decision and buy a dog. I grabbed a pair of black biker shorts, a random black hoodie, white nike ankle socks, and my panda twist.

I looked at my hair that was now a Mahogany brown shade. I took the risk and re-dyed my hair again. Gill and the girls had a field day when I called them on face time.

I grabbed a pair of black shades and my mini Prada bag. I walked out of my apartment doors and towards the elevator. I pressed the lobby button but for some reason the elevator went up instead of going down.

I knew that I was on the second highest floor. In the floor above me was the penthouse suite and I believed that they had their own elevator.

The elevator opened up to reveal this tall brunette bombshell. She was dressed in a pair of light grey wide leg high waisted jeans and an over sized cropped hoodie. Her heels clacked against the floor as she walked into the elevator.

She lowered her shades as she re pressed the lobby button. "Yaya," She spoke into the phone.

"The private elevator is out for some reason today. Today is just not my fucking day." She let out with a huff as her friend on the other line spoke.

"My fucking cunt if a mother," I couldn't help but let out a snort." is trying to contact me again. The only time i'll ever speak to Laila fucking Clarke is when she's on her deathbed."

"Oh shit." I mumbled out loud on accident.

This was Rhegan Clarke, Laila Clarke's daughter.

Rhegan turned around and smiled at me.
"Hold on, i'll call you back." She said as she hung up the phone. She titled her head as she stared at me for a minute. "You look familiar, have I seen you around?"

"I just moved on the floor below you, you've probably seen me in the lobby." I say as she shakes her head. "That's not it." She says as she narrows her eyes.