chapter 45.

"Meet Ashanti," I nudged her forward slightly

"My girlfriend." Nonna's eyes widened slightly as her gaze shifted from me to the girl in front of her.

"It's so nice to finally meet you," Ashanti stepped forward a little, unsure of whether or not to hug her or shake her hand.

Nonna kept her gaze on Ashanti causing her to fidget with her fingers nervously. Sometimes it was hard to read Nonna because she was so good at hiding her thoughts.

I waited in anticipation for her to say something. I loved my nonna very much, but god if one disrespectful word came out of her mouth about my girlfriend she could kiss our relationship goodbye.

"Oh finally!" She broke pulling Ash into a hug. Her grip was tight around her due to Ash gasping for air at the action.

"I never thought that I'd ever here those words coming from you. I guess there is hope for the men in this family after all." Nonna jokes as she takes Ash's face into her hands.

"Mio Dio è così bella," she compliments as she squishes Ash's cheeks.

(My god she's so gorgeous.)

"Give her back before you scare her away," I tease pulling Ash away from Nonna's grasp. Nonna gives me a sharp glare at my actions before going back to gushing over Ash.

I introduce her to Nonno who had been observing quietly. A lot of the family said that I took after him, he was always quiet and observant, deadly.

"She's very beautiful," he says as nonna pulls her back into her clutches. We watch as the two of them walk over to the couch, nonna taking my empty seat.

I turn to him as he takes the time to study me, a knowing glint in his eyes as he turns and nods his head.

"You're in it deep kid," he says as he shoves his hands in his back pockets. " Are you guys thinking about marriage yet?"

I poke my cheek with my tongue as I nod my head slightly," We've talked about it a lot recently."

"You pick out a ring yet?" I see him turn his head towards me out of the corner of my eye as I watch Ash.

"Yes."

I'm fact it's was hidden in the safe of my closet. I brought it with me just in case I decided this trip would be the perfect time.

I also had a plan in case I wanted to do it here, everything had been thought out carefully.

He hums as he turns his head in my direction. so don't have to follow his line of sight to know that he was looking at Nonna.