chapter 35.

Ashanti Smith

Ashanti Smith

"He so precious, Sage." I said as she hands me the baby. Marco was wide awake as he stared up at me. His eyes twinkled as the light from the restaurant ceiling shined down on them.

"Right now," She played with the curls on the back of his head as I rocked him."He's on his best behavior because he's getting some attention."

"Isn't that right?" She placed a kiss to his forehead as he let out a coo. "Yes, it is." I say as I rub his belly.

"So," She started as she placed the burping towel back into the baby bag."How are things with you and Alessandro?" She asked as she came back to over to me.

"It's so good." I smile at her as I hand Marco over to her."Making up for lost time and all that good stuff. Working on our relationship and where we go from here." Sage nods her head as she rocks Marco to the beat of the song.

"I'm so happy for you guys." She smiles genuinely at me."I can tell how much happier you guys have been since being back together. It makes me happy to see you guys happy."

"Sage stop it right now," I pull her and baby into a hug. She's an inch shorter than me allowing her to lay her head on my shoulder.

"I'm glad you guys ended up falling for each other." She mumbled as we pulled away.

"Me too, baby mama. Me too."

I could smell him before I felt him behind me. I leaned back into his chest before he had the chance to wrap his arms around my waist.

"Come outside with me." He says more so then asks. I nod my head seeing as Sage and Gio were preoccupied with Marco at the moment.

"They're so cute." I smile at him as we walk away from the little family. He removes his hands from my waist and interlace them with mine as we head towards the exit.

"What'd you want to talk about?" I ask moving my hair out of my face as he stares down at me.
I studied his face closely to find that he was nervous.

I took a step towards him and placed my hands on his chest. " What's wrong, baby?" He lets out a sigh as he rubs my wrist.

"I found Jaden." He says as he looks at the brick wall behind us."He's been in L.A this whole time."I feel panic arise in me as his words settle in my mind.

He's been close to me and I never knew it. He could've been watching my every move and I wouldn't have known.

"Wh-" I struggle to find the words as so many emotions run through me.

Anger, Worry, Fear, Revenge.

Alessandro wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to his body. My emotions got the best of me as I started to cry. He rubbed soothing circles on my back as he whispered softly into my ear.