chapter 25

TW: Mentions of r*pe/ sexual assault, suicide

flash forward:

"Would you like to start today Audrey?"

I looked up from my fingers to see the red headed girl take a deep breath. Audrey and I were one of the few who hadn't shared our stories yet.

My therapist recommended that I join a group to talk about my experience. So here I am, week seven and I still haven't talked about it.

I should talk about it in order to move on from what happened.

"It was,"Audrey paused to take a deep breath." It was my sophomore year in college, I had gotten partnered up with this guy." She scoffed shaking her head slightly." He was nice at first, I never got a bad vibe from him."

"We had exchanged numbers and started talking, texting." Audrey bit her bottom lip as her throat bobbed." I was skeptical because no guy that looked like him could ever go for a girl who looked like me."

I shook my head in disagreement.

Audrey was beautiful.

Audrey had wild curly red hair, a true ginger from what I could tell. She had full lips, a button nose, a baby face.

Audrey reminded me a little of Barbie Ferreira.
And Barbie was a bad bitch.

"He invited me to a party one day, of course I said yes." A somber smile played on her face.
"I just didn't know that that three letter word would change my life for the worst."

"His friends were there, at first I felt a little uncomfortable because I didn't know anyone there. But then they handed me a drink to loosen me up and I accepted." Audrey's voice started to turn shaky as she spoke about her experience.

"Do you need a moment, Audrey?"

Audrey dried a few tears that fell on her cheeks.
"I'm good." She chuckled as she pulled down her sleeves. "I um— I started to feel a little woozy after a the third drink the gave me. I usually don't drink but when I did drink, getting woozy after three drinks wasn't normal for me."

They roofied her.

"I went to the bathroom after the third drink just to get away from everyone and he um— he came into the bathroom behind me. He soothed me and took me into his room. I was too out of it to object to it."

"God I was so stupid." She bit at her thumbnail. Her eyes were red and glistening with tears begging to come out. " His friends were already in the room, he pushed me on to the bed and started to fill me up with his hands, grope me."

My eyes clenched shut as the burn began to start.

"I tried to push him off but the drugs were already taking affect."Audrey let out another breath of air."I remember hearing his friends laughing as he degraded me, called me a whore, fat. He told me that I was stupid for ever believing he would go for someone like me."