chapter 37.

Ashanti Smith

Ashanti Smith

I took a deep breath as I stepped away from the mirror.

My hand shot out and grabbed the jacket that Sage was holding. I placed my arms through it and pulled my braid that was stuck inside out.

With another deep breath, I turned towards the girls.

"Hot," Mya stated as she slid off of the counter. Her heeled combat boots clacked against the floor as they made contact.

"Don't be nervous Ash," Natalia came towards me. Her black manicured nails caressed my cheeks softly as she approached me."We'll be with you every step of the way."

I nodded my head as I shook the nerves out of my system. I had nothing to be worried about if the girls were with me. They had my back and I had theirs.

"Okay," I say as she backs away.

"Good," Alex and Alessa came up beside me and threw their arms around my neck. "because shit's about to get dirty."

The laugh that came out of Alessa made shivers crawl up my spine— it was anything but sweet.

We walked out of the bathroom and walked towards the foyer. The table in front of the entrance was covered in black duffle bags. I grabbed one as the others did the same.

Sounds of heavy boots thumped against the floor as the boys made their way down the hall.

Alex let out a hiss as she looked past me. My gaze shifted to Willow whose cheeks were flushed red. It was so cute the way she got affected by Khalid.

She really worked the whole innocent bit well for a kleptomaniac psycho.

I finally turned around to see the guys stopped on the other side of the table. Alessandro was front and center. He took a step towards me ass his heavy gaze ran up and down my body.

My gaze took in the tight-fitted black short sleeve that hugged his abs so deliciously good. They dropped to the dark army green cargo pants and to the weapons strapped against him. Then finally to his black boots and back up to his gaze.

The cocky son of a bitch was already smirking as he made his way towards me. I would be lying if I said there wasn't some small part of me that was still scared shitless of him— yet I still found it hot.

His big hands gripped my waist as he towered over me. I gulped slightly as I craned my neck towards him. He brushed his nose against mine as I closed my eyes.