Seven

Karina

The weekend that I've been dreading has finally arrived. I tried to come up with an excuse to get out of it, but Gio wouldn't let me miss this. It's not that I have anything against Uncle Giovanni. I love him so much, but I'm just not in the celebrating mood.

Gio pulled into the enormous driveway and stopped the car near the front entrance.

"We're home!", he exclaimed in the car.

He flashed me a smile. I rolled my eyes in response. I saw his smile fade away when he looked in the backseat.

"This is a bad idea."

"You really thought I would come without my best friend?"

I looked back at Lux and she smiled back.

"Besides, it's not like our parents walk around with "We have ties to the mafia" tattooed on their forehead."

We got out the car and walked to the door.

Before we even reached the top step, the door flew open. My sister ran into my arms.

"Rina! Gio! I missed you!"

"We missed you too, Aria.", Gio said as he picked her up in his arms and walked inside with her.

"My babies!", my mom said as we entered the foyer. She was standing there with dad.

"Hi, mom. Hi, dad.", we both said.

"And who is this?", my dad asked, looking at Lux.

"This is my best friend, Lux. Lux, these are my parents", I introduced her.

My parents looked at each other, then back at Lux.

"Mr. and Mrs. Andiacchi, you have such a beautiful home."

"Please, you're our daughter's best friend. Call us Valeria and Tony.", dad said.

"It's so nice to finally meet you. Rina talks about you all the time. I'll go get someone to prepare a room for you upstairs.", mom said.

"No need, mom. Lux can stay with me in my room."

She nodded.

"Well, alright. I'm going to have someone bring all of your bags to your rooms."

We nodded as mom and dad walked down the foyer.

"Come on, I'll show you my room."

Lux

Karina led me throughout the massive house and upstairs to her bedroom.

She pushed open the tall double doors and I gasped.

The first thing I noticed was the gorgeous view outside her window

The first thing I noticed was the gorgeous view outside her window. There was a large beautiful pool and a deck.

"I didn't even know you could build a pool on a second floor."