Fifteen

Karina

The rest of the night went by and was filled with fun and love.

Lux, Giovanni, and I went upstairs in Giovanni and Tamara's manor and quickly packed our things and loaded them into the car.

Giovanni and I hugged our parents goodbye as Lux said goodbye to Donatello.

"You really like him, don't you?", I asked Lux as we got in the car.

She blushed and looked at me.

"Yeah, I guess I do."

An comfortable silence between us.

Giovanni tapped his fingers on the steering wheel and hummed lightly.

"I'm sorry I snapped on you earlier.", Lux said.
"Don't be. I deserved it. I was so stupid to sleep with him.", I spoke.

I looked back at her and she smiled at me.

"What did your parents say?"
"They actually apologized to Gio and I. They want to try to be more involved in our lives.", I told her.

She smiled at the both of us.

"That's great. That's exactly what you wanted to happen, Dominic."

Gio glanced at her in the mirror before looking back at the road, without saying a word to Lux. I looked back at her and saw that she had a confused look on her face.

No one said another word for the rest of the drive there. We reached the college apartment building and headed up the elevator together.

"Is he mad at me?", Lux whispered to me as we traveled up the elevator.
"You know I can hear you, right? I'm not mad at you, Lux. I'm just a little exhausted from driving.",he told her.

I could tell he was lying, but I couldn't tell Lux that.

The elevator finally stopped on our floor and we walked inside the apartment.

"Oh, it's so good to be back.", I said.

"I'll call you, alright?", an unfamiliar voice ranged throughout the apartment.

We turned to see Kai standing in a long tee and panties with a girl I've never seen before. She looked shocked to see us.

"I didn't think you guys would be back until tomorrow.",she said anxiously.
"Oh, are these your roommates? Kai's told me so much about you guys. I'm Sam.",the girl spoke.

Sam's a girl?

"I'm Lux and this is Karina and Dominic."
"You can call me Giovanni.",my brother told Sam.

"Well, it was nice to meet you all. I guess I'll see you around.",she said before kissing Kai on the cheek.

She waved us goodbye before leaving.

"She seems really nice.",Lux said.
"I wouldn't have brought her here if I knew-."
"Kai, it's fine. We've all brought someone home before. It's not a big deal.", I said.
"Speak for yourself.",Giovanni said.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"How was the wedding?"
"It was good. Lux met someone."

I smiled as I saw the blush creep onto her face.

"I'm going to bed.", Giovanni said.

He walked to the closet and grabbed his blanket.

"Let's go to my room.", I told my two friends.

We headed to my room and sat on my bed together.

"So, what's this guy's name?",Kai asked Lux.
"Donatello."
"So, is he related to you, Rina?"
"No, he's a friend of my uncle."

She nodded and smiled at Lux.

"You look happy."
"Yeah, I guess I am."
"So, how was it seeing Bruno again?"

I looked at Lux before looking down at my hands.

"Well...",I began.
"Oh no..."
"We talked and decided to be just friends."
"Tell her what else you and Bruno decided to do.",Lux said as she rolled her eyes at me.
"We...I...I had sex with Bruno in my uncle's guest room.", I blurted out.

Kai's eyes went wide and she sat up straight.

"You did what?!"
"It was just breakup sex, but turns out Bruno has a new girlfriend that he forgot to mention to me. I feel so bad for her and she seems so freaking nice."
"Karina, how could you put yourself in the position to even sleep with him?",Kai asked disappointedly.
"Look, I know. I shouldn't have slept with him. I just got caught up in the moment. He was my first love. He's the first man I ever shared a bed with. I know it's wrong to still love him, but I do."
"Oh, honey. You deserve so much better.", Lux said.

I chatted with the girls for a few more hours until they decided to go to bed. I decided to go to the kitchen to grab a snack.

I was about to grab the graham crackers when there was a knock on the door. I looked at the clock to see that it was almost two in the morning. I went to the hallway closet and grabbed the taser my dad gave me and went to the door.

"Hi."