Thirty-Six

Giovanni

Lux lightly snored beside me as I studied my Business Law textbook.

I stroked her hair and kissed her forehead before setting the book aside. I wrapped my arms around her, pulled her closer, and pulled the blanket on top of us.

"I love you.", I whispered.

It had been three days since the miscarriage. Lux hasn't left my side since. Not that I'm complaining. I love spending time with her. Waking up beside her has become my favorite part of my day.

"Stop staring at me.", Lux said with her eyes still closed.

"I can't help it.", I said before pecking her cheek.

She smiled and opened her eyes.

"Good morning, baby.", she said before pecking my cheek.

She stretched and began getting up.

"No, stay.", I said as I pulled her on top of me. I showered her in kisses. She broke out in a fit of giggles.

"Dominic, I can't stay in bed all day. Besides, your mom is coming today."
"That's in the afternoon. Let's spend the morning in bed.", I said as I kissed her neck.
"Dominic.", she moaned.

I moved my hand that was on her waist under her shirt. I grazed her nipples.

"Giovanni, stop.", she said. I froze.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I-I didn't m-...I'm so sorry.", I said quickly, taking my hands off her.

"No, it's not you. You're perfect, Dominic. I'm still flushing out my system from the...from what happened. I just-."
"-I understand. I wasn't thinking. I'm sorry, baby."

She kissed my forehead before heading to my bathroom.

"I'm a fucking idiot."

Karina
I watched Kai paint her canvas. She was coating every inch of it in a light gray paint.

When she was done with that, she picked up another brush and made an outline of what looked like a woman. She made multiple outlines. Every stroke on the canvas was calculated, well thought out.

"What are you painting?"
"Silhouettes.", she said without looking away from her painting.

I continued to watch her carefully paint more silhouettes. I don't know why I loved watching her paint so much. Seeing her so focus was always so fascinating to me.

"You should paint with me.", she spoke.
"You know I'm no good at things like that."

She stood up and placed her unfinished silhouette painting to the side and picked up another canvas.

She sat back on her bench.

"Come sit."

I walked over and sat on her lap. She picked up a small brush and dipped it in red paint.

She handed the brush to me and guided my hand. I wasn't sure what we were painting at first until it started to resemble a rose.

"It's so pretty.", I said as Kai cleaned the brush before she handed it back to me. This time it had green paint on it.

"Now, the stem and thorns.", she instructed.

I kinda liked having her tell me what to do.

She guided my hand and together, we painted the stem and thorns of the rose.

"Look at that.", she said as she kissed my cheek.

"How'd you get into art?"
"My dad used to paint when I was little. I used to watch him all the time. He taught me everything I know about art. When I was 10, he was diagnosed with mitochondrial arthritis. It's hard for him to use his hands now, so he doesn't do much anymore."
"I'm sorry about your dad. Has he tried to contact you?"
"Not since he sent all of my stuff here. He's still paying for school, so I guess that's a good sign."
"I should've kept my mouth shut."
"Karina, you were right. If he can't accept the fact that I'm in love with you then I don't need him. He's stuck in his ways and I know he will never accept us."

I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her jaw.

"I love you, Kai. No matter how many people are against us, I got you."
"I got you too."

3. Daughter of A Mafia Boss✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara