Eight

Valeria

I watched the two men in front of me. Giovanni had a nervous look on his face and Tony looked concerned. I looked down at my goddaughter, who was playing with the wedding ring on my finger.

"Giovanni, what's wrong?"

"I need a favor."

"Anything.", I reassured him.

"Tamara needs bridesmaids.", he said quietly.

I laughed and touched his shoulder.

"Is that why you were so nervous?", Tony asked.

"It's a lot to ask. Aria was your best friend and now I'm asking you to stand there while I marry another woman."

"Aria loved you, Giovanni. You were the love of her life and she would never have wanted you to suffer because she was gone. She would want you happy and Tamara makes you so happy. I'm so thankful to her for that and for my goddaughter. Of course, I'll be her bridesmaid."

"Thank you, Val. She'll be thrilled, but I need your help with one more thing."

"Sure."

"Help me ask Karina. She's not Tamara's biggest fan."

Tony and I laughed in unison.

"Nope. That's all you, buddy.", Tony told him.

Lux

I opened another door that looked like Karina's and to my dismay, it wasn't her room.

How the hell did I manage to get lost in this house?

To make matters worst, I really have to pee. I let out an aggravated groan and tried another door.

It wasn't Karina's room. It was a room full of unlit candles and there were pictures everywhere. There was a desk with photo albums stacked on top of it. All of the photo albums were brown except one black one.

I walked over to them and picked up one of the brown photo albums.

I saw a picture of Valeria with a woman. The woman looked Latina and had long black hair. They were standing in a creek. I looked around the room and noticed the woman was in almost every picture on the wall.

I put that photo album aside and picked up the black one.

There were pictures of Valeria with another man. I wonder if this is one of Karina's uncles.

"What are you doing in here?", Valeria asked.

I dropped the photo album on the desk and turned around.

Valeria looked angry as she charged over to where I was standing.

"I-I'm so s- sorry. I was l-l-looking for Karina's room and I got lost, and then I saw the room...I'm so sorry. I'll go.", I said as I began walking out.

"Lux."

I stopped in my tracks and looked at her.

"Yes?"

She picked up the black photo album.

"Don't tell Karina about this."

I nodded and left the room.

I bumped into Giovanni on my way out.

"What are you doing?"

"I've been looking for Karina's room for 45 minutes."

"Luckily for you, I'm going there now. Come on."

He began leading me down the long hallway.