Pre-Gaming

"Son of a bitch!"

Thud

Genma's head popped up from behind his counter where he had been rummaging through his cabinets.

"Ishikawa!" He called through the thin wall separating their apartments.

"Yeah~" A shaky voice responded.

"What's the issue?"

There was a long pause, before a muffled response.

"What? speak up idiot!"

Another pause.

"A SPider..."

From her own kitchen on the other side of the wall she listened to his shrilly laughter with a taught expression.

"You got coffee?" She heard him murmur.

"No-,"

"I'm coming over,"

Amaya blew out a sigh before slamming her head into the counter as she stood up.

"God Damni-"
———

"You know eventually I want reimbursement for all the food and coffee you steal from me,"

"It's not stealing, it's sharing." He said through a mouthful of muffin, which he washed down with coffee.

"I thought you didn't even like coffee," she grumbled before downing the last of the dark bitter liquid lining the bottom of her cup.

He scoffed.

"I usually don't, but I'm gonna need the extra kick for today."

A sly smile took over her features as she leaned back in her chair adjacent to the Jonin.

It had been a long month, full of rehabilitation, training and a surprising amount of isolation. After the birthday incident the Ishikawa hadn't seen much of anyone. Busy with training, Naruto was with Jiraya- whom she still hadn't met- and Sasuke was off the grid. As was her perverted sensei.

"Ohhh that's right! You're the proctor for today. How professional- are you even supposed to be talking to me," She teased before crossing her arms.

"Mhm..."

As the man rolled his eyes a knock rang on her door. Amaya's eyes darted to the clock.

"Shit~," She stood promptly

"What your boyfriends here?"

"It's Shikamaru, and I don't have a boyfriend."

"So your boyfriend."

"Not my boyfriend!" She called disappearing down the hall to her bedroom.

———

Not my boyfriend! The words rung through his mind making his ears turn red.

Got that right...

"Troublesome brat.." he murmured placing a hand on his him.

His eyes flicked to his watch and he let out a deep sigh.

7:26am

This had probably been the earliest he had woken up in a month.

His attention was snapped from his thoughts when the door swung open.

"Hey kid,"

Shikamaru looked up with narrow and confused eyes when one smartass Jonin stood before him with a sly smile.