A Good Day To Do Nothing

Ahhh finally I'm finished cleaning the kitchen and I'll get a good nights sleep-
"Ppssssttt......ppsssssttt Ami AMI!" I was so Rudely ripped out of my thoughts by Naruto's pestering voice trying to 'quietly' get me to wake up.
"What the hell are you still doing up naruto" I ask in a whisper.
" ah well I haven't gone to sleep yet I was training and I need your help you see sasuke is still a little bit better than me and I need you to help me be better than-"
"Naruto"
"Mhm"
"Shut up" I say getting up and pushing him out my window then jumping out after him. Well their goes another nights sleep....gone. After he stands up we start our long trudge to the moon lit woods. once we arrive I speak up.
"Alright so what do you need help with"
"Well ah I've been trying forever but I can't get past that point" he said pointing to a pretty high point on the tree with multiple deep marks in it.
"Let me see you try" I say. He nods and takes off sprinting up the tree, once he gets to the specific he just seems to loose momentum and fly off the tree. I see what's wrong.
" listen naruto because I don't like repeating myself." I say sternly.
"The problem is your not using enough chakra. Your balancing it out well, you've got the hang of that you just need to be able to use more chakra to get further than that point." I say.
"Ok simple I got this believe it!" He says confidently.
2 hours later. It's about three in the morning and we are still out here he's getting better he just needs to keep working at it. Watching him I dosed off.
I woke up the sun was barley up and the birds we chirping, seems as though they had just woken up too. Man today would be a great day to do nothing I think looking at the clouds thinking about a certain pineapple headed friend of mine. I was propped up against a tree, I looked up to see naruto passed out in the middle of the clearing. Probably worked himself to death I thought as I got up and walked towards him. Crouching down I Check his pulse there. He's not getting up much less walking himself back to the house. I use my immense strength to throw him over my shoulder and start carrying him back to the house.
On the walk back I saw a young man, a feminine looking one at that walking to where I had just came. As I passed him I kept my head forward and so did he time seemed to be moving in slow motion as we passed each other, their is something very wrong with this guy I though as I kept walking.
Making it to the house I slide the door open Naruto's unconscious figure still hanging over my shoulder. I close it behind me only to look up and find a table of people eating breakfast they all had stoped and were looking at me like I was crazy. Which isn't shocking it looks like I killed him or something.
"What? Do I have something on my face?" I say uninterested. They all sweat drop.
"Your such a loser" sasuke says. Hearing this I was already halfway down the hall to Naruto's room so I yelled back.
"Your such a loser" mocking him in a stupid voice. I here some snickers in the kitchen and that was enough to make me satisfied with my answer. Throwing naruto down I Check him to see if he was alright just chakra exhaustion. I head to my room and change into some clean clothes which was really just the same outfit but cleaner. I walk back into the kitchen and sit down at the table.
"What the hell happen to you two" tazuna asks. Then proceeded to get lectured by tsunami about his language I laughed at him and he glared.
"He comes knocking at my window at like midnight asking him if I could help him train next thing I know it's three in the morning and I'm in the middle of the woods racing him up trees" I say rubbing my face exhausted.
"Idiot" sasuke says.
"Idiot" I mock him. He steps on my foot.
"Ya know I could hurt you very badly if I wanted too" I say darkly to tired for his moody Uchiha stuff.
"Sure you could whatever helps you sleep at night"
"Oh yeah try me"
"Oh yeah try me" he mocks.
I got to punch him when Kakashi pushed his empty plate back and smiled.

"Ok that's enough of that," he sang making us both grumble and cross our arms.

By the time it was the afternoon naruto and sasuke went back out to train against me advising naruto not too seeing as he could barley stand this morning but they went anyway. Leaving Sakura, kakashi and me to guard tazuna. All we really did was watch them build the bridge which was quite boring. So I decided I would help.
"Hey Tazuna! Can I help it's boring just watching you work" I say.
"Do what you can girl and don't get in the way,"

"Not need to be rude old man," I said standing.

As I began to pick up the large beams that would usually take two to three men to carry I earned many strange looks but they seemed thankful for my help none the less.

As we finished up and the sun was almost down we began home and as we entered the house Tsunami struck the fear of god within us.

"I know both of you will not be stepping foot into my kitchen covered in filth. Go make yourselves presentable now"
"Yes ma'am" we chorused making our way to our rooms, I swear I could hear Sakura and kakashi snickering.
By the time we made it to the kitchen naruto and sasuke were just arriving looking beat. We sat down and started eating then tazuna started asking why we stayed even though we lied kakashi then told him they we did it because... I don't know I wasn't really listening but what really caught my eye was inari he went off on naruto and naruto said the hurtful things. But he was right, the kid needed to hear it. After with that we all went to bed well most of us I noticed inari sitting on the dock by himself and I thought I'd talk to him. Without saying anything I went out and sat down next to him. We looked out on the water for a bit before he spoke up.
"What do you want" he asked angry
"To talk" I say bored
"He's right ya know" I say
"What are you here to yell at me too"
"No I'm not actually I'm here to say I understand" he cocks his head up at me shocked.
"I understand what your going through and so does naruto he's just got a funny way of saying it" I say chuckling slightly while looking out at the water.
"How, I don't believe you. If you really felt my pain you guys wouldn't be able to joke or laugh or be happy yet you always are your lying" he yelled glaring at me.
"Ya know when I was your age I would have killed to be in your shoes"
"Oh yeah why. Why would anybody want to be like me my life sucks" he says looking down. This, now this made me laugh.
"Why would I want to be in your shoes?" I ask incredulously, chuckling.
"I wanted to be in your shoes because I didn't have any" I say getting a bit more serious. This gets his attention.
"Matter a fact I didn't even have a roof over my head, clean clothes, home cooked meals, or a loving mother to tuck me in at night or a hardheaded stubborn grandfather to tease me from time to time but I sure as hell wish I did. Inari I lived in an alleyway in some deadbeat town in the land of iron till I was 7 years old and even after I got out it still wasn't that great. Or think about naruto I wasn't their for most of his life so I don't know the details but I do know that it wasn't a cake walk either" I hadn't bothered to look at him throughout my little speech until now. He was staring at me.
"Listen I know you don't believe hero's exist in all but what I think is that your afraid a hero is gonna disappoint you a again. And I get it naruto doesn't seem like the hero but if you look a little harder you can see it quite clearly in fact. I believe he's gonna do great things and that's why you should put your faith in him because I already have , lord knows we need a hero right now. And anyways kid you don't have it that bad I mean My life hasn't been very charming but you don't see me crying now do you. You've got your mom and your grandfather there for you, hell you've got a whole village of people on your side so stop crying" I say wiping his tear which had started streaming about halfway through my second speech.
"Because in all honesty in your life the good outweighs the bad, by a long shot" I say then ruffling his hair. He swipes my hands away.
"Now enough with the tears, get to bed if your mom knew you were up this late she'll have both of us crying" I say shivering at the thought of tsunami getting angry with me.
"Hey I'm not crying... I just got something in my eye" he defends himself.
"Sure bud... now up you go" I say picking him up from the dock and throwing him over my shoulder.
"Wha- Hey you can't-" he starts
"Time for bed" I interrupt in a sing song voice. I carry him to his room with much protest him. Once we get their I forcefully place him in his bed.
"If I catch you awake you with not only face my wrath but your mothers too" I whisper yell shutting the door. I was on my way to my room when I saw kakashi standing in the hall.
"You know I was gonna talk to him but I guess you beat me to the punch" he says bored.
"Yeah I guess I did. Did you also eavesdrop the whole conversation" I ask.
"Maybe" he says. I cross my arm and lean against the wall.
"You know from what I've seen you have a real soft spot for children" he teases. I blush and roll my eyes. Damn he knows.
"If I ever hear you say that to anybody I will kick your ass" I say pointing at him. He hold his hand up in defense.
"Noted" he says.
"Alright then if your done humiliating me I'm going to bed because I haven't had a proper sleep in about two days" I say leaving him in the hall and closing the door behind me. Finally I get to actually go to sleep I think closing my eyes and drifting off into blissful darkness.

Sry I know this chapter was kinda filler but I thought it was important because of character development and such. I promise next chapter their will be action. Thx for reading I really appreciate it.