Tea

It felt good to change.

The feeling of the baby pink skirt flowing against her legs was almost foreign as Amaya strolled down the busy streets of Konoha. Despite the order for strict bed rest a little grocery shopping could hurt, she reasoned. Her long silver hair tied up in a orange hair wrap gifted to her by Ino the night before when she was still in the Hospital. The Yamanaka had been suspiciously nice to her the past couple of days, but Amaya chalked it up to her getting her an Ino feeling bad. Though, she couldn't understand why she cared so much.

———

Strolling down the street she took in a breath of fresh readjusting the grocery back resting in her arms.

It had been a while since she just... relaxed.

It was a beautiful day, though she never really got used to the heat in Konoha. Where she grew up in the land of iron it was cold and raw, having no place to hide from the elements she was forced to get used to them. Having travel everywhere she had experienced heat but it was something that never sat right.

"Amaya!" She heard a familiar voice call her name.

Turning with a smile she came face to Shikamaru.

"What's up," he hummed with a small smile catching up to her.

"Nothing... oh! That reminds me do you know if Ino has any allergies," she asked him frantically sifting through her large grocery bag.

He furrowed his brows and shook his head no.

"No not that I know of..." he began.

"Why?"

She paused and looked at him.

"Um her and Sakura are sleeping over my place tonight... they wouldn't stop bugging me," she said mumbling the last part.

He chuckled looking her way.

"What are you up too?" She asked him.

He seemed confused for a moment before he stopped.

"Aren't you supposed to be in the hospital?" He asked.

"Oh, no, I got discharged this morning," she mumbled sheepishly.

"Well you should be resting... I saw you after the third exam you couldn't even walk," he scolded her.

"Ease up I'm fine, anyway the doctors cleared me so Im all good," she defended only half lying.

The doctors cleared me for bed rest... she thought sheepishly.

He looked at her like he wanted to say something but seemingly deciding it would be too troublesome to do so he kept his mouth closed.

As the walked they eventually made it to a park and sat down at a secluded picnic table under a large tree.

Sitting in comfortable silence they looked towards the sky watching the clouds.

"Shikamaru," she silently began.

"Hm?"

"Does it snow around here?"

He side eyed her curiously.

"Yeah winter can be pretty harsh in the land of fire, it's hot most of the year but it snows quite a bit in the winter," he stated

She smiled.

"That's good to hear..." She whispered to herself.

"Did it... snow a lot from where your from," he asked hesitantly expecting her to get sad or maybe even angry.