The freaking Chunin Exams

Wow I've never debated offing myself more then I do right now,

Ok maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration but seriously I'd rather do anything then sit for hours taking some dumb exam.

Yup you guessed it today's the first day of the chunin exams.

As roll out of bed my hair sticking out every which way I make my way over to the shower and begin to get myself ready for the long day.

Once I was done I proceeded to gather my things and make my way to the academy.

As I walked I took in the scenery, though I was well aware that I was much too early to be going to the exams.

So, I decided I'd make a pit stop at my favorite dango shop.

"Hello Mrs. Ushino!" I say happily walking into her small cozy shop.

"Good morning hun, it's a big day huh?" She asks, presumably about the chunin exams.

"Tell me about it," I grumble as she chuckles.

"The usual?.."

"Yes ma'am!" I say happily.

I sit down on a stool as my food is prepared, out of boredom I open a scroll and begin reading it but I am soon interrupted when I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I jump slightly as my head swings around to fine none other then my silver headed friend.

"I thought you hated sweets," I tease as Kakashi sits down next to me.

"I do," he grimaced as he watched my plate get place in front of me.

He seemed a bit more serious then usual. That's a bit concerning, just what I need one more thing to worry about.

"Alright are you gonna tell me what happened or are you gonna make me guess because, I'm not very good that sort of thing," I say quirking my brow slightly.

He lets out sigh and pulls out a scroll and places it on the table in front of me.

"Nothing happened," he starts, I let out a breath a bit relieved as he continued.

"But, this" he points at the scroll which now sat in between us.

"Is a mission, straight from lord third to you," he says with a very stormy look on his face. Kakashi had two sides if that's what you want to call it, the nonchalant teasing boarder line flirtatious side and the 'I'm a Jonin and my duty is to the village' side. When you see the latter, you know to shut up and listen because it's serious.

"A mission!?" I ask perplexed.

"But what about the chunin exams?,"

"This mission will not interfere with the chunin exams but it will take place during them," He says looking at me intently.

"Ok well.... I guess I should read the thing," I joke reaching for the scroll, but I was stopped when he smoothly grabbed my wrist.

My eyes shoot up to him, only to find him giving me a serious look.

My eyes grow sharp and cold but he still doesn't waver. For a moment it was almost as if we were testing each other, showing how threatening each one could be.

"Amaya this is something to be taken seriously~" he starts but is soon interrupted by me.

"I may joke, but I'm no fool Kakashi," I say in a very uncharacteristically stern voice. I rarely ever get seriously threatening with a comrade, but I won't hesitate to show someone I'm not a pushover.

His visible eye widens a fraction but he doesn't let go.

"This is a memo straight from the top and I won't take it lightly, I understand I may act like cretin from time to time but I know how to act like an adult," I say with the ghost of a smile on my face, mostly pertaining to the fact that I called myself a cretin.

Kakashi's POV

I felt a pang of guilt in my chest looking a the girl in front of me.

'But I know how to act like an adult'

Her words rang through my head, the sad thing is that she shouldn't know how to act like an adult, she's only fourteen for gods sake.

And that look, it was so cold, those weren't the eyes of a child like Sakura or Naruto, but of a warrior.

Her tone was as if she felt betrayed. That's why I felt guilty for questioning her competence most of all. Because she saw me as someone she could relate too, be herself around. though it may have been only a small transaction, in her mind it spoke a thousand words.

I let out a sigh and let go of her hand watching her hand. She gave me one final look before picking up the scroll and opening it.

As she read her face grew contorted.

"Your kidding right?," she starts eyebrows furrowed.

I sat for a moment unwavering, not really sure what to say.

"Your assignment is to guard, evaluate and surveil Naruto Uzumaki during all three stages of the chunin exams," she read the document out loud in a perplexed voice.

"That's correct," I say.

She leans back in her chair with a thoughtful look on her face. After a beat of silence she spoke.

"And if I don't,"

My eyes widen as her words register in my mind.

"You are a konoha Shinobi now Amaya," I say sternly looking her in the eyes.

"You aren't a free to do what you'd like your actions now reflect on the village. If you were to refuse the mission there would be a severe punishment," I say with a calculated state explaining the gravity. What she was proposing.

She looks at the ground thinking long and hard before saying anything else.

"Fine," she says sharply.

"Now if that will be all, I've gotta go the exams about to start," she swiftly got up throwing any dango she didn't eat to her ninken and began to leave the shop.

But before she could get very far I grab her by her shoulder, and with a gust of wind and leaves I teleport us to a training ground on the outskirts of the village.

Amaya fell on her butt with a huff as she looked up at me with a fearsome glare.

"Kakashi give me one good reason I shouldn't~" but before she could finish her threat I was already explaining why I brought her here.

"You need to learn a sealing jutsu for the off chance the seal his father gave his weakens in battle," I say this nonchalantly with my hands in my pockets staring at her.

She sat criss cross on the ground giving me an irritated look.

She let out a heavy sigh standing and patting her bottom.

"Ok, go on.." she yawns stretching.

This should be interesting.

_____________________

Ok guy Ik I flaked it's been a hot sec but and I'm really sorry. School and my life in general has been crazy lately but I promise I'm gonna get back on track with the chapters. Thank you so much for reading :)