Chapter 1

When I was six I lost both of my parents in an accident. 

People asked me if I had any relatives, I didn't know what that meant. 

When they confirmed that I did not have any relatives that lived here in Japan I was officially an orphan.

Lucky for me there was a special program that I managed to get in. They would let me live in a dorm and go to school for free as long as my grades were good.

But I wasn't happy, I felt as though this place wasn't my home.

One time I decided to run away. I was ten years old. Not knowing where to go, I just went to the park. There I met her.

"The name's Kotori… Kotori Minami!" She smiled at me.

"I- I'm Takashi Matsuno." I replied shyly.

"Hey, why are you frowning?"

"Everyone hates me. If I wasn't here then everyone would be happier."

"That's not true." 

"How do you know?"

"Because I like you!" She said sweetly.

Our time together was short, but allowed me to keep pushing forward. As one day I was supposed to attend an all boys school and had to transfer to a different dorm.

"If we meet again you have to promise to be smiling!" She held her pinky up, "You have to swear that we'll see each other again!"

I held up my pinky, "I promise." 

She waved goodbye. To this day I still haven't seen her.

***
"Takashi!" My dorm mom called. "We need you down here real quick!"

I groaned and rolled off my bed. 

"We need you now!"

"I'M COMING!" I yelled back.

Trudging down the stairs I landed in the office. 

"What's up?" 

I was a completely different person than five years ago. I'm sixteen now, good looking if I do say so myself…

I learned to smile because of her. I learned to be happy with who I was.

"You can't please everyone…" she said. "Be there for those that care about you."

"You're gonna be a junior this year right?" My dorm mom Misaki asked me.

"Yep, still underaged so you can't date me." 

"Shut up!" She smacked me upside the head. "I'll just get straight to the point, you're going to a school that's just now becoming a girl and boy school."

"Okay, what's it called?" I questioned her.

"Otonokizaka Boys and Girls High School."

Kotori's POV

Yo! My name is Kotori Minami! I'm a junior at Otonokizaka Girls High School. At least… it was an all girls school. That all changed last year.

You see, our school had a huge lack of students and was going to close if we couldn't get more people applying to our school.

So my friends Honoka, Umi, Rin, Hanayo, Maki, Eli, Nozomi, and Nico all formed a school idol group called Muse!

We did our best to save our school, luckily we did well enough in the Love Live competition to win, we were also able to keep our school alive.

Unfortunately, the board still announced we didn't have enough girls to attend our school, so my mom (the principal) decided to allow boys into our school.

We also have to start the school year over again...

She selected three boys for every grade level giving us just enough for the school district to allow us to continue.

But we're not satisfied just yet. We want to continue to sing and recruit more people to our school!

"Kotori-chan!" Honoka nudged me. "Earth to Kotori-chan?"

I stretched, "Sorry, sorry… I'm just kind of spacing out today." 

"Did you get enough sleep? Are you going to be alright for practice today?" Umi felt my forehead.

"I'm fine Umi-chan, just thinking about which boy will be in our class." 

There were three grade levels: freshmen, junior, senior.

In those grades there are three classes. 1-1,1-2,1-3, etc.

Honoka, Umi, and I miraculously were in the same class together 2-1.

Since there were nine boys coming into this year there would be one boy in each class.

"Eh? Is Kotori-chan dreaming of having a boyfriend?" Honoka teased me.

"No, no, no!" I shook my head. "But maybe it would be kind of nice…"

"Bad Kotori! Having a boyfriend would be very very embarrassing. Plus we need to focus on Love Live!" Umi grabbed me, 

"Exactly. See Honoka-chan? We're gonna win again!"

"And this time we're gonna get more and more students!" Honoka cheered.

"Yeah!" 

"Students please quiet down." Our teacher said calmly. "I'm sure you all know this but you'll have a new student starting today. Please introduce yourself."

He walked in. Squeals from the other girls echoed in the room.

"He's hot!"

"Why didn't we let guys in sooner?"

Something about him looked familiar. Like I've seen him somewhere before.

"'Sup! My name's Takashi Matsuno! Thanks for having me here!"

The class cheered, it seems as though he's found himself a fan base already.

Takashi Matsuno? 

Doesn't ring a bell…

Alright here's chapter one! I'll try to update this book Mondays and Thursdays! 

If you guys didn't come from my first Love Live book I don't know where the heck you came from… By the way you should read it if you haven’t already :)

But anyways thanks for reading!

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid! 

-Kazuya