Chapter 25

Honoka's POV 

"Miss Misaki! We need your help!" I gasped for air as Umi and I arrived at Takashi's dorm building.

"What's wrong?" She asked, getting on her feet.

"His aunt-" I panted, "his aunt and uncle are trying to take him away!"

"Well they are technically his guardians, since they're relatives I can't do much about it." She sighed. "Maybe it's time for him to move on with his life."

"Don't say that! He ran away from them! Please! We need your help, is there a way you can become his 'official' legal guardian?" I begged.

"Please Miss Misaki!" Umi said beside me.

There was a bit of panic in his face, "I'll look it up right now!"

We paced for a few minutes. "I got it! We just need his signature, my signature, and a signature from a judge or officer of the law."

"Great! Let's go find one!"

"Both people have to present though, so we have to find him before they do!" She grabbed the printed copy of the contract.

We all sprinted out of the dorm. No time to rest.

The race was on!

Takashi's POV 

"So what you're saying is, if they find you you'll be moving?" Kotori's eyes showed concern.

"Yeah, which is why we can't let them find me!"

"It'll take them a while to get here." She assured, "They first need to check the dorm, maybe some security cameras, and ask different people."

"Kotori… I- I can't leave!" Tears were forming again.

"And you won't." She comforted me. "I promise."

My phone rang just then. I was afraid to answer, only to see it was Eli.

"Hello?"

"Takashi! Honoka just called, she said that they found a way to let you stay, but first she needs to find you!"

"I'm at-" I started, 

"Shhhh!" Kotori whispered in my ear. "That's not how Eli would really speak!"

She was right, there seemed to be too much panic in her voice. 

"You should be able to guess where I'm at Eli," I responded.

"R-right!" She said, "Okay I'll tell her to head there."

She hung up the phone. 

I hope at least one part of it was true, that Honoka found a way.

Eli's POV

"R-right! Okay I'll tell her to head there."

There were four police officers watching me call Takashi in the living room. His aunt and uncle had somehow figured out that Takashi and Muse were connected in a way.

"Where is he?" The aunt questioned.

"He's at the school." I lied, trying to sell the lie by slumping my shoulders. "I'm sorry Takashi…" I said sadly trying to get them to bite 

"Let's move then officers!" The aunt walked out of the door. "Thank you for your cooperation."

"Can we see the phone really quickly?" The officers asked.

"Sure." I handed it over and they observed it for a second. 

"Thank you very much." They said as they left as well.