Chapter 41

I sucked in the last bit of air before holding my breath. For all of their songs. I almost died doing this feat. 

They were shining alright, extremely brightly. From the moment the spotlight landed on those eight, it seemed liked they didn't even need that spotlight.

You could really tell that they were giving it their all. But that didn't mean I could relax the whole time. 

In fact I was checking the time for most of the performance. In between their second song and their final song I made a quick hand gesture to Eli making sure she was aware of what time it was.

Which almost ruined the whole performance. She must've told the group that we were running low on time and it seemed to put a bit of a panic into the group.

Kotori and Alisa shook me angrily for making a simple movement turn into a great catastrophe.

Almost.

"Do something!" Alisa scolded.

"Literally anything! They're starting to panic up there!"

"Okay okay..." I thought for a moment. How do I stop them from freaking out?

"O-o-our l-last song will be Bokura no Live Kimi to no Life." she stuttered. This was not good.

"If you guys crack under pressure now, I won't forgive you!" I yelled as loud as I could.

My voice echoed around the entire Akiba Dome. That itself is an incredible feat. What was even more incredible was the amount of hate I immediately got from the crowd.

"You don't have the right to criticize them!"

"Muse is the best!"

"Muse Music Forever!"

"Muse! Muse! Muse!"

And that's how all the fanboys (and girls) put a target on my back.

But that didn't mean Muse wasn't relaxed. In fact the crowd chanting seemed to reenergize them and before I knew it, the music came on and the crowd let out a huge roar.

As they finished their performance the crowd gave a standing ovation, meanwhile Kotori, Alisa, and I took this opportunity to sneak backstage to get to them.

We barged into the dressing room where everyone was putting on their second outfit. 

"Let's go!" I pointed to the parking lot.

"Go go go!" 

We ran to the spot where the bikes were.

Or at least... where they were supposed to be.

There was nothing there...

"CURSE YOU UNIVERSE!" I fell on my knees.

Kotori's POV

This was definitely not good. 

While Takashi was wailing about the bikes being gone, we were still on the clock.

Just because the bikes are gone, doesn't mean time stops. 

"Get up!" Umi hauled Takashi until he was standing again.

"We have to figure something out." Eli paced back and forth.

"Hey Mister!" Honoka waved, "Can we use your van really quickly?"

"Sure."

The next thing I knew I was shoved into the van with Takashi in the driver seat and we were off.