Chapter 16

"So how did it go?" Honoka asked me as I walked into class.

"How did you know Kotori and I talked?" 

"Duh, she told us." She rolled her eyes.

"Then ask her." I replied, trying to last minute study for a test I wasn't ready for.

"She didn't tell us, she told us to ask you!" Her blue eyes looked at me in excitement. "Tell me."

"Um, it's probably not how you imagined it going." 

"So you mean you didn't ask for her hand in marriage?" She slumped her shoulders.

"No you idiot, she basically said to focus on Love Live first then she'll hear what I have to say." I explained.

"Well that's no fun!" She groaned, "After all I went through to set it up…"

"We can't do anything about it I'm afraid." Umi said calmly. "We should respect her decision and focus on Love Live." 

She stared at Honk, "You do want to win right?"

"Of course I do! But I want Kotori-chan and Takashi-kun to win at life too!" 

"And we will, after Love Live hopefully." I continued to "study".

"So did she say she liked you?" Umi asked.

"Um… there wasn't a verbal indication but she made it clear one way or another." 

Every time I think back on that moment I just grin. It was so freaking cute…

"Are you having a perverted dream or something?" Honoka waved her hand in my face.

Kotori walked in and I immediately made eye contact. How was she going to play this game?

I nodded at her and she nodded right back at me then sat down and started chatting with Honk.

Well at least I got her to acknowledge my existence. I thought to myself as our teacher walked through the door.

At lunch I was about to walk and eat with Umi and Honoka when I noticed Kotori was walking in their group. 

Give her space. I thought as I grabbed my lunch and headed upstairs to the third years. 

"What's up?" Nozomi asked as I walked into their classroom.

"You know you're technically not supposed to be up here." Nico said, pointing her chopsticks at me.

"I know, but I thought I'd eat lunch with you guys today." I said innocently.

"Alright, did you and Kotori have a fight?" Eli asked without batting an eye.

"No it's more like… we agreed that we shall not speak of, you know what, until after Love Live." 

"Her idea right?" Nozomi grinned.

I sighed, "I'm trying to respect her feelings because Honoka and Umi said that it takes her a while to comprehend big moments."

"Sounds like Kotori." Nico nodded.

"But now all I can think of is if I did something wrong." I told them. "She refuses to talk to me and calls me 'Manager-san'"

"Ouch- that's a tough one." Eli smiled at me, "That's how you know she likes you. You have to remember that, but for now she wants to win the competition." 

"You do want to help us win right Takashi?" Nozomi said.

"Of course…"

"Then we need you to do everything anyone on Muse says even if it means not talking to them." She nodded, "Now I think you should go back to your class."

I turned around to see the third year guys getting ready to pummel me.

"Fine fine, see you guys after school." I sighed. 

I started walking past the guys at the door. "Look at this kid, he's not even going to acknowledge his senpai." One of them snarled.

"There's a thing called respect kid." The second one added.

"Sorry meatheads, just trying to go back to class. You do realize that I still have to eat right?" I said as I pushed my way past them. 

One of them grabbed me and pinned me to the locker. "You do realize I don't care right?" He grinned turning to the other two. "This idiot is mine, don't interfere." 

I was guessing he was their leader or whatever.

Many girls started whispering trying to see what was happening. 

"Is that Takashi from year two?" 

"They're going to beat him so badly…" 

"Should we call a teacher?"

"Look at that, they're worried for you." The guy grinned.

"Nah, I'm fine." I replied.

"Not for long." He said winding up for a punch.

"Should we stop them?" I heard Eli's voice in the hallway.

"Nope, I'm going to video it because it will be funny." Nozomi took out her phone smiling.

"I'll go call the others," Nico ran towards the stairs. 

"Listen you punk, you may act all high and mighty, but upstairs is our place got it? This'll teach you a lesson." He threw the punch and it sailed right at my head. 

Unfortunately for him, my head was no longer there and his hand smashed into the locker.

Knowing he was still stunned from that collision with metal I punched him in the face. 

As he fell to the ground the other two guys started to get closer. I held my hand up, "Don't interfere." I reminded them.

I grabbed his shirt and made him look me in the eye. His nose was bleeding.

"Guess I win." I shoved him back to the floor. 

Okay maybe that wasn't the smartest way to let off some steam, but I was very frustrated. I'm not saying what I did was right… but can you really blame me?

Everyone stared at me in shock, well almost everyone. 

"High five kid!" Nozomi held her hand up.

I gave her a quick high five before heading back downstairs. Maybe I could get there before-

"Ahem." A voice said. A lady with crossed arms waited for me at the bottom of the stairs.

Never mind… she's already here. 

The principal would like to see me in her office...

Welcome to the part where Kazuya actually starts to write more often!

I know it's Saturday and I should relax and take a break from work... but you all deserve another chapter!

Actually... I've pre written this one and all the other ones thus far and I'm actually writing chapter 20 right now...

Anyways my next question is... if you want me to write another book like this who should be next?

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya