Chapter 6

A/N I'll be updating Monday, Wednesday, and Friday now :)

"Yours was good too Takashi-kun." Kotori patted my head as she took my money from me. "It just happens to be that you're facing the best."

"Yeah yeah shut up." I rolled my eyes as she grinned.

"Aw come on, don't be like that. What if I go buy you ice cream with this? Just the two of us." 

"Then that would be like paying for you with my own money." I groaned.

"Then you should've won." She winked.

"You shouldn't have punched me in the stomach." 

"It's all in good fun. Come on!" She waved.

We let everyone know we were heading out for a bit. Everyone was trying to unwind from the eventful day. 

Especially since they had to practice hard the next day.

Honoka was out cold, Umi and Eli were chatting with Nozomi, Nico and Maki were fighting over the remote, and Hanayo was running away from Rin.

As we walked down the beach side I stared at all the other family's that were also there, they all looked happy together.

Somehow it made me feel a bit lonely inside.

"Hey Takashi," Kotori broke the silence, "What's it like living without a parent?"

She must have been reading my mind. "I don't know, I guess it's kind of hard for me to see other people with their parents." I told her the truth.

"Is it hard to find someone to talk to when you need them the most?"

"Well my dorm mom is always there, I'd say that's the closest thing to a parent I have."

"We're always here for you too." She said, grabbing my arm.

"Thanks."

Dang it.

That was so cute.

***
Kotori's POV

I don't know why, but I just grabbed his arm on instinct. While we've known him for a short while this has been fun.

And there's one thing about him that everyone agrees on… he's hot.

I held unto his arm until the ice cream shop. We ordered our cones and I took out the money I won.

"Eh? Making your girlfriend pay for it?" The cashier asked Takashi.

"No, no I'm not his girl-" 

"Technically it's my money, she just won a bet." 

"Ah, it's always nice to let your partner win, don't you think?"

"No, you don't understand he's not my-" 

"Aw come on, don't be embarrassed about it." 

"Takashi! Help!" I looked over at him. He was already wolfing down his ice cream.

I sighed as we left the store. Honestly, how can someone think I'm dating this guy.

The two of us walked back to the house and I took a bath. After that we told Takashi that he'd sleep on the couch in the hallway and we'd sleep on the floor with futons.

Honoka woke up miraculously and the first thing she did was do something she'd regret in exactly one second.

She threw a pillow at Takashi and accidentally hit Umi.

Now there are two things that get Umi angry: one was when someone interrupting her sleep, two was when Honoka ever did something stupid.

In this case it was the latter. 

Now Umi-chan is strict, but she rarely gets angry. Mad? Yes. Angry? No.

But right now was the time Umi got angry. The last time she did was at this very same place. 

"Honoka?" She smiled evilly.

"W-w-w-what's up U-Umi-chan?" Honoka asked terribly frightened.

"Did you throw this?" The words came out slower this time.

"N-n-n-no! I-I'd never d-do something this s-stupid." She got down on her hands and knees and prayed.

"The gods won't save you from what I'm about to do!" She grabbed a pillow and threw it. 

Honoka ducked, but Hanayo wasn't so lucky. 

"We lost her!" Rin cried.

"Hehehe, you can run! But you can't hide!" Umi threatened. 

That voice even put Nozomi and Eli in panic. Everyone fled the scene except for Honoka. 

She knew her time had come.

As we all watched from a safe distance we saw Umi preparing to execute Honoka-chan.

"Are you ready?"

"P-p-please don't kill me! I-I'm sorry!" She begged.

"A throw for a throw, as they say." She charged up her power. 

Honoka braced herself as best as she could.

"And time's up!" A voice said as a pillow smacked Umi in the head.

Takashi-kun has joined the battle.

***
Takashi's POV

Uh oh. I've made a grave mistake.

But I have to look cool in front of everyone. Umi has to be faking right? How the hell do you knock someone unconscious with a pillow?

"Run Honoka, I'm here now." I told her trying to hint that this was just a gag or something.

She nodded and quickly ran out of there.

I stared at Umi, all I saw were pure evil eyes.

I looked over at Kotori, she shook her head. Okay this was definitely not a gag. This was for real.

Umi hit me with a pillow in the face. I went flying.

"What the hell?! Does her pillow have superpowers?!" 

"You're gonna die, Takashi." Nico shook her head sadly.

"It was nice knowing you." Nozomi told me.

"I hope you have a good afterlife." Maki nodded.

"Thanks for the sacrifice." Honoka said, "You were indeed the right person to protect us."

"Thank you for everything Takashi-kun." Kotori said.

Was this it for me? I thought as another pillow hit me. 

No! I will win this!

I grabbed a pillow and charged in. For everyone! And for me!

I lost.

After Umi got a taste of blood (yes she hit me that hard) she finally let us rest. 

She returned her demon side back where it belonged and slept. 

Everyone not wanting to start another battle kept a fifteen foot distance away from her.

The rest of us decided it was time to turn it in as well.

That night I had a lot to think about. Practice, their performance, and my grades. Yet only one thing kept popping back repeatedly…

Kotori grabbing my arm…

Wooh chapter 6! Thanks for reading! 

Today's question is what's your favorite romance anime?

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid! 

-Kazuya