Chapter 33

I started limping on my way home. I'm not going to say I took my anger out on those punks...

But hey, Kotori left so I could do whatever the hell I wanted to do.

Considering that she's already angry at me, why not have some fun out of it.

Okay by fun I mean having the satisfaction of beating them up.

Not saying I wasn't hit though, as I continued limping my way to my dorm. 

Hopefully nobody I knew saw me before I got back. I had a little bit of blood, but nothing too serious. 

The reason I was limping was because I was stupid enough to kick the wall instead or their face.

I had officially made it to my street just then. The adrenaline was just starting to go away, so more pain started to fill my body.

I managed to somehow push open the doors to my dormitory. Misaki stared at me with widened eyes as I entered.

"What happened?!" She asked, alarmed.

"Relax," I told her, "this isn't the first time I've been hurt."

"What did you do?"

"I ran into some idol fans, that's all." I sighed.

"Was Kotori-chan with you?" 

"No." I said wincing after hearing her name, "She was kind of mad that I even argued with them in the first place. At least I assume she was mad."

"Come on," she grabbed my hand, "I'm gonna patch you up."

Misaki quickly fixed me up and I laid on my bed with a few bandages on my face and leg.

I was going to text Kotori that I was home... but I forgot just how angry she was.

So I called the next best thing. Her best friend.

"Yo." 

"What's up Umi?"

"I was going to ask you the same thing. Kotori might be a little mad that you're calling me instead of her." Her stern voice rang in my ear.

"Name a day she wasn't mad at me." I replied.

She laughed, "I see you're as cheerful as ever. What happened?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Well obviously you don't randomly call me last time I checked. Only in the group call." She said wisely.

"I ran into some idol fans."

"Ouch," she pretended to wince, "How many cuts?"

"Why do you assume I got into a fight?" 

"So are you saying you didn't?" 

She was too good, "Three."

"Does it affect your look?"

"Not really."

"Will Kotori still love you?"

"Probably not."

"You know... I've been thinking." Umi started her deep thought.

"Oh god, here we go... lecture time." I teased as she let out an audible grunt at me.

"Are you worried that people won't allow you to date Kotori?"

"Of course not." I said, "That's ridiculous, if I'm dating her then that's it. Just the two of us is all that matters."

"So you're okay with people telling you that you don't deserve her?"

"Are you saying I don't deserve her?" I put a little more friction on the "don't" than I meant to.

"See what I mean?" She responded cooly, not affected by my tense answer. "It's kind of obvious that you have a problem with people saying that."

"Can you blame me?" I asked, "Hell, if people say it that many times... does that mean I'm not?"

"Why don't you go talk to her?" She suggested. 

"But she's mad-"

"Kotori never stays mad for too long." She said firmly.

"Okay. Thank you Umi." I said, "One more question?"

"What's up?"

"Do you think I'm good enough?"

I could hear her laugh softly into the phone, "You're the only person that I think is good enough."

I grinned as we said our goodbyes. As I started to limp towards my room's door, someone knocked.

As I opened it, I came face to face with Kotori.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry." 

We both said it at the same time.

"Wait... for what?" She asked.

"Well, for freaking out earlier. I let their words get to me."

"That's not like you to apologize." She smiled, until she saw my face. "Are you okay?!"

"I'm fine." I assured her. "And I promise it won't happen again."

She crashed into me, tears forming in her eyes. "I'm sorry! I-I didn't know I made you feel like that! That what people said would hurt you that much! I never showed you how much you mean to me!"

"Eh?"

"Well... I just realized that I never told you how much I care about you." She said shyly. "I've always told you that we have to keep it a secret, but it made it seem like that was more important than you." She continued to bury her face in my arms.

"There there." I roughed her hair a little bit. "It's okay... I know how much you care for me. It was my fault that I didn't just believe it."

We stayed like that for a little longer. I made an attempt to move, but she continued to hold on.

Finally I decided to lift her face so I could see her. There were tears in her eyes still, I wiped them.

She was perfect. 

I smiled, "I love you."

She hugged me real tight again and whispered, "I love you too."

It was at that moment that I realized that it didn't matter who told me I wasn't good enough. 

It didn't matter how much they hated the fact that I "ruined" their idol.

All that matters is that the person I like thinks I'm good enough.

And hey... what could go wrong?

Yo! Thank you all for the birthday wishes!

Here's another chapter! I'm getting a little close to the end so thank you for sticking it out with me!

Hope you all enjoyed! I'm starting school soon so I'm trying to finish so I can study...

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya