Chapter 3

That girl that I mentioned earlier? She ended up giving me a necklace. Sort of like a good luck charm.

"If you ever feel sad just remember that I'll always be with you!" She grinned as she handed it to me. "I have a bracelet that has another half of this charm. We'll know for sure that it's us because of these!"

"Alright! Don't forget me!" I nodded.

To this day I haven't forgotten that charm. It may have brought me good luck during those times, but now… not so much.

I walked into some cute girls today who were changing. I may or may not have taken their rights to get married as well.

Now I have to be the same girls' manager?!

"We caught the Peeping Tom." Honoka announced proudly as they brought me to the girls.

"Well at least he's a cutie." A girl with big… um… a big smile said.

"That's not the point Nozomi!" Another girl with black hair pointed accusingly at me.

"Um… this isn't probably the best way to introduce myself, but I'm Takashi. And before you say anything, I'm sorry for taking your right to get married." I bowed my head.

"He's also gonna be our manager!" Honoka grinned.

"EH?!"

"Yep, instead of getting him kicked out of school we decided to let him be our manager." Kotori nodded.

"Let me guess Honk, this was your idea nya?" A girl named Rin (which I found out later) raised her eyebrow.

"You're not trying to get out of organizing our group are you?" Maki eyed her suspiciously.

"Is it just that you don't want to do paperwork anymore?" Eli made eye contact with the orange haired girl.

"M-maybe?" Was all she could respond with.

"Wait a second…" I stopped them. "What are you guys exactly? Like a sports team or something like that?" 

"Uh…" they paused. 

"How did you forget to tell him what he was managing?" Umi asked Honoka.

"Hehe, my bad!" She turned to me, "We're school idols and our group is called Muse!"

"School idols? So baby idols?"

"This guy has one second to take that back or I'm going to beat him up!" Nico growled.

"Hey you're the one that has to manage us." Eli pointed out. "So unless you plan to turn us into 'real idols' then you better get to work."

I sighed, "Okay, but what exactly am I supposed to do?" 

"Figure it out." Umi nodded her head, "That's your job."

I looked at my lucky charm necklace I hid under my shirt. Thanks for being so lucky today...

And that's how my life started as their manager. 

Kotori's POV 

Umi, Honoka, and I all went over to my house after practice. Umi needed to write lyrics, I needed to design more costumes, and Honoka…

"Please let me come! My mom is gonna make me and Yukiho work for the store! All she's gonna do is yell at me!"

Yukiho is Honoka's little sister. She tends to care for her older sister and by doing so she scolds her a lot. That's not a bad thing, Honoka-chan does need to get yelled at sometimes.

I started to get to work on the costume ideas and Umi started listening to the music Maki composed. 

I probably should've said this earlier, but Maki is our group's composer, Umi is lyricist, I'm the head designer of dresses, and Eli is in charge of dance choreography.

Anyways we were working and Honoka-chan was doing homework when my mom stopped into my room.

"Hey Kotori have you found the person with the necklace yet?" She said.

"What's she talking about Kotori?" Honoka looked at me interested.

"Yeah this is the first I've heard of it." Umi put her pencil down.

"Uh… it might make sense when I show you." I took out my bracelet from my drawer. "There was this boy, I met him a few years ago. He and I got pretty close. I may or may not have had a crush on him."

"Kotori has a boyfriend!" My two best friends teased.

I rolled my eyes, "Anyways there's a charm on both of ours and they connect when you put then together. I haven't seen him in a while and my mom always teases me every night." 

"Awww, that's so sweet." They grinned. "Hopefully you guys meet again."

"If he even remembers." I replied and the two of them looked disappointed, "don't get me wrong if he remembers that'd be nice, but odds are…" I shrugged.

"That's a bad attitude Kotori-chan!" Honoka encouraged. "You have to be confident no matter what!"

"For once I actually agree with Honoka." Umi chimed in. "What would you do if thay person didn't give up on you but you did?"

"You guys are making me feel guilty for something when I was nine." I pouted.

"Do you remember a name?" 

"If I did I would've told you by now." I laughed, "I also may have found him already."

"Well you shouldn't give up! He could be here right now and you wouldn't know it!" Honoka continued.

"Yeah yeah," I said, "that stuff only happens in animes." 

"That doesn't mean it can't happen in real life too." Umi encouraged.

"Who knows?" I sighed, "Maybe he's not even my type any more."

"Ooh ooh! What do you think our new manager is doing right now?"

"Did we need to make him our manager?" Umi said.

"Yes! I need to focus on doing things like watching other school idols, eating snacks, and hanging our with you guys!" Honoka said happily.

"How are you even our leader?" I laughed.

We finished what we needed to do. After that the other two went home.

I stared at my bracelet. There's no way he remembered. And if he did, what would I say to him?

Little did I know I'd know the answer to that question soon enough.

Yo! Here's chapter 3! Hope you all enjoyed it. 

I honestly don't have anything else to say other than thanks for reading!

I'll try to do a poll every chapter so here's number one! 

Aqours or Muse?

Let me know in the comments!

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya